Chapter 27

"Manik"

i turned around and she walked to me wrapping her arms around me but I moved back.

"This is an important day for you" she reasoned again

"It is but you could have said it a lot nicer. Your tone was more hurtful than those words you used"

"Okay I apologize"

"No apology needed" I said walking down

She followed me down to the car, I opened her door and then got in myself. As I started driving she grabbed onto my left hand while I drove but I pulled back gently

"Manik im sorry"

"And thats okay"

"Then why are you being this cold" she asked

"I am hurting nandini, please just give me some time"

"I am sorry for yelling at you, I panicked" she said

"I get it"

I fucking did not, we had international clients a few weeks ago which was unexpected, and I had left a few hickeys on her neck, a couple on her shoulder and one on her neck, but she didn't yell at me.

She covered it up with her hair and in fact did present in the meeting without caring about the hickey which was visible when her hair moved a little.

"Manik please"

"Nandini im going to be extremely honest with you, I am trying to keep it together right now, please lets just talk after" I said

She nodded but she grabbed my hand again, a painful silence was filled in the car.

We got to the party, and the whole time I couldn't focus, her tone kept flashing back. They announced the award and dad cabir and I grabbed it but I wasn't happy like I was before.

There was a little speech and blah blah, it was 1 at night and the party was forever young but I couldn't keep it together anymore so I told dad that I was going to head out.

I had actually planned a small getaway for nandini and I becasue we still haven't gone on our honeymoon so I had gotten tickets to Switzerland. We would head out tomorrow well today since it's already 1.

Even though I was hurting I wasn't going to delay the trip or postpone it. Id eventually get over it I guess but it genuinely hurt me a lot.

"Should we get going" I asked her

She had been joined at my hip the whole night, she was guilty I knew because the whole night she smiled only once and that was when I received the award.

She nodded beside me, we headed out, she looked at me with guilty but questioning eyes, she had realized I wasn't driving towards home.

"I had something planned" I whispered

We got tot he airport, I handed her a bag.

"Clothes" I said and she nodded

She went ahead adn changed in the bathroom and so did I, I left the bag in the car of our party clothes, I had asked our driver to come get the car later in the afternoon or morning from the aiort.

I grabbed our suitcase and her handbag too, we checked in and then boarded ur flight. As the pilot announces the take off, I see Nandini starting to panic

"It's going to be fine" I whispered

She nodded fisting her pants in her hands as her eyes closed

I leaned closer and kissed her head a few times letting my lips linger there until the plane levelled and the seatbelt sign turned off