c - birthday

chris nick and matt were in la at the moment, and my birthday was tomorrow. they weren't coming back for another week, so they were unfortunately gonna miss my birthday. chris was my boyfriend for around 4 years, and hadn't missed a single one of my bdays. of course this upset me a bit, but i never showed it because i was happy for them. they had just recently gotten a house for them self in la and they are working on their career, i could never be mad at that.

me and chris were on facetime, and out of nowhere he abruptly hung up. i assumed one of the triplets came in his room or smth, and tried not to think much of it. when i texted him all he said was "sorry ml, something came up i'll call you in a bit"
of course i was upset but i was also getting tired even though it was only 8. eventually after overthinking a bit i was able to fall asleep.

i woke up at around 11:45 to the sound of my front door opening and shutting loudly. i forgot to lock the door.
i got immediately terrified. i sat up in my bed and stared at my door, phone in hand. after around 2 minutes my door burst open, and i let out a scream. i heard laughter and i was confused and still in shock, and when i tilted my head up i saw chris bent over grabbing his stomach laughing.
"CHRIS! YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME" i yelled, throwing a pillow at him.
"i'm sorry! i wanted to surprise you and i thought you were asleep" he said, inbetween giggles.
"HOW DID YOU GET HERE?" i asked, jumping out of bed and running up to him, engulfing him in a hug. he hugged me back, swaying back and forth.
"you really thought i'd miss my girls birthday?" he said, smiling down at me as i looked up.
"aww you remembered" i said, having already been upset that he hadnt seemed to remember or acknowledge it throughout today.
"of course i did! what type of boyfriend would i be if i didn't" he said, pulling away from the hug, still smiling widely.
"now come on your birthday is in 5 minutes, nick and matt are waiting in the living room." he said, grabbing my hand.
"THEYRE HERE TOO? YAY" i yelled, running out of my room and losing his hand along the way. i ran up to nick and hugged him tightly.
"hi y/n!!" he said, hugging me back. i switched over to matt and gave him a tight hug as well.
"we would never miss your birthday, duh" matt said after letting go.
"y'all it's in 10 seconds!" chris yelled, holding up a timer, they counted down, and once the time was up nick and matt twisted confetti poppers and they all screamed happy birthday in unison. i smiled so hard, my jaw hurt. chris looked down at me and kissed me, smiling into the kiss.
"happy birthday my love" he said in a low voice, as the other had started playing loud music on a speaker. i smiled at chris.
"thank you" i said, kissing him one more time before pulling out some punch and pouring it into 4 cups for all of us. we continued to party the rest of the night and then watched a couple movies before me and chris returned to my room and went to sleep.