m - cheated.

i had been friends with the triplets for years and they were the best thing that has ever happened to me. i love them all, but me and matt get along a little better. we have so much in common and i really enjoy spending time with him. i was dating a guy i met in highschool, and matt always told me he was bad news. i never listened though, because i did like him. i actually lived with the triplets at the moment, because i was evicted from my apartment. they were so kind, and let me stay with them until i can get back on my feet.

i was chilling in my room when i noticed my boyfriend had posted something on his snap story. i smiled and opened it, and my smile immediately dropped. it was a private story that i'm assuming i wasn't meant to be added to, because it was a picture of him kissing another girl, and a "6 month anniversary" text on it. we had been dating for a year. i felt tears sting my eyes, but held them back as i went to his contact. i texting him "we're over, do not contact me anymore" and blocked him on everything.
a couple tears ran down my face but i ignored them and stood up. i knew who i needed to talk to right now. i walked out of my room and towards matt's, knocking on the door lightly. i heard soft footsteps and then the door opened and matt stood on the other side. he saw me and immediately pulled me into his room, locking the door behind him. he pulled me into a tight hug, and i hugged him back. he swayed back and forth slowly, trying to calm me down.
"hey.. what's wrong y/n?" he said, rubbing my back.
"he cheated on me." i said quietly into his chest. matt stopped swaying and stayed silent.
"he did what.?" he said, sounding angry. i pulled away and looked up at him, and he pulled his phone out of his pocket. i put my hand on top of his phone, and pushed it down softly.
"please don't" i said, not breaking the eye contact. he looked at me with a soft look in his eyes, and put his phone away quietly, nodding. i hugged him one more time, to which he returned.
"can we watch a movie or something to get my mind off of it?" i asked, pulling away from the hug.
"of course y/n" he said, leading me to the bed by my hand and laying down. i laid down next to him, and he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me. i laid my head on his chest, and he began softly playing with my hair. i fully relaxed in his arms, feeling more safe than ever. he turned on our favorite movie to watch together, and we both watched it in silence, happy with eachothers presence.