c - blind in love

chris liked y/n, and y/n liked chris. everyone knew this, even themselves. but they never believed that the other liked them back. it was never brought up, but everyone knew. chris was too nervous to make a move because he didn't wanna ruin their friendship, and y/n tried pushing the feelings away so that she also didn't ruin the friendship.

they had a party tonight and nick was helping y/n get ready.
"i think chris will like this one" nick said, holding a dress up. i giggled and took it from him.
"ha ha, very funny.. but like fr though?" i said, holding it up to my body and looking in the mirror.
"hell yeah, i can just see him drooling over you already." he said, smiling at me through the mirror.
"nick we've been over this. chris doesn't like me, i just gotta move on i don't wanna lose the friendship we have" i said, walking in the closet and cracking the door to where he couldn't see me but could still hear me, so that i could change into the dress.
"oh cmon don't tell me you're that blind. he totally does!" he said, and i scoffed.
"yeah right" i said, walking out of the closet with the dress on.
"oh. my. god. it's perfect!" he said, looking me up and down and squealing. i giggled and put on my shoes, and me and nick both walked out of the room.

your dress:

i walked into the kitchen and sat at the island waiting for everyone to come down

i walked into the kitchen and sat at the island waiting for everyone to come down. i heard someone behind me, and turned around to see chris walking down the stairs. he looked up and he stared at me silently.
"what?" i said, thinking i looked bad.
"n-nothing you look great, y/n" he said, smiling and walking down the stairs all the way. i thanked him and smiled, pulling him into a hug. he hugged me back and i pulled away, sitting back down at the island. he sat next to me and pulled out his phone, and we waited for matt and nick. once everyone was down we left and drove to the party.

once we got there we walked up to the door, already hearing loud music and smelling the stench of alcohol. i needed a night like this. we walked in and split up.

time skip

chris' pov:

we had been here for an hour or so, and i hadn't really seen y/n so i decided to look for her. eventually i saw her on the dance floor, and she looked like she was dancing with a random dude. i immediately got jealous.
why was she dancing with some random guy.?
i scoffed and walked away, and i guess she saw me because i heard her yell my name from behind me. i ignored it and kept walking, eventually making it past the crowd and outside. i was just gonna walk home, it wasn't that far anyways. i wasn't in the mood to party anymore. as i was walking down the driveway i heard the front door open and slam shut, and my name being called again. i turned around and saw y/n standing by the door.
"is everything okay? where are you going?" she asked.
"home." i said, and turning back around.
"wait! why are you leaving?" she said, running up to me. i just kept walking. since i didn't reply, she grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.
"are you mad at me?" she asked, confused.
"why were you dancing with a random guy?" i asked in return.
"what? why does that matter, chris?" she asked. i just scoffed and turned around, beginning to walk off, but she turned me around again.
"because i love you, okay!?" i yelled, tears brimming my eyes. i tried blinking them away, but was unsuccessful as one fell down my face. i wiped it immediately. she stood there in shock.
"i-i'm sorr-" i was cut off by y/n placing her lips gently on mine, softly kissing me. i was shocked at first, but then eased into it and kissed her back, putting one hand on her waist and the other cupping her face. she had one hand on my face as well. she pulled away and was a few inches away from my face smiling at me, not breaking the eye contact.
"i love you too, chris." she said quietly. i was shocked, but kissed her one more time. i pulled away and smiled.
"so.. will you be my girlfriend?" i asked, to which she nodded and giggled, pulling me into a hug. i hugged her back tightly, swaying back and forth and kissing the top of her head.

i can finally call her mine.