chapter 5

Zaviyar will be home anytime soon and she is not ready yet. She doesn’t even know where they are going. He just asked her to be ready when he comes home so they can go.

Amayra’s eyes went to all her abayas. She wanted to wear something good. She wanted to look good for him. Suddenly, someone knocked on her door. It was mishal who was again jumping like a monkey.

‘’kis baat pe itni khush ho rhi ho?’’ Amayra asked chuckling.

‘’bhai called me and he asked me to help you because he is taking you on a date. Is it true? You guys are going a date.’’

‘’yes but I don’t know what to wear.’’ Amayra complained.

‘’don’t worry, now that I am here I will help you’’ Mishal said and opened her wardrobe. Her eyes went on a simple blush pink kurta and she took it out. ‘’how about this one?’’ Amayra shaked her head. ‘’this is to wear in house  I am going outside so I have to wear something long.’’ Mishal nodded her head.

‘’how about this one?’’ Mishal asked taking a beige colored abaya out. ‘’it’s too simple. I want to wear something…good.’’ Mishal gave her mischievous look. ‘’Mishal, please don’t tease me.’’ Amayra whined and hid her face in her palms.

‘’how about this skirt with a beige blouse.’’ Mishal showed her an olive green skirt. ‘’yes but I don’t have beige blouse.’’

‘’don’t worry I do. I will go fetch it meanwhile you go and wear it.’’ Mishal said handing her the skirt. While she was wearing, Mishal knocked on her door and gave her the blouse. After she was done she glanced at herself in the mirror. She looked good. Finally.

‘’you look so pretty I am sure you are not getting any sleep tonight.’’ Mishal winked at her whereas Amayra glared at her.

‘’come I will do your makeup.’’ She nodded and went to sir in front of the vanity table. Whatever happened to her face for next 30 minutes, she didn’t know. But at the end, she looked beautiful. For the first time in years, she herself felt pretty. Her makeup was not too much but not too less.

‘’you won’t come downstairs, alright? I will send Bhai upstairs and you have to record his reaction for me. Wait, no. what if my virgin eyes get to see what they shouldn’t have. Let’s drop this idea.’’ Before Amayra could scold her, the doorbell rang. And Mishal ran to get the door.

After 5 minutes, the door of her room opened revealing Zaviyar. His eyes widened when he saw her. ‘’MashAllah.’’ He went near him and held her face in his hands. ‘’you look gorgeous.’’ Amayra looked around and muttered a small ‘’thank you.’’

Before Zaviyar could stop himself, she felt his lips on the corner of her lips. She froze. What just happened.

Even Zaviyar didn’t what he had just done. He couldn’t even stop himself.

He separated himself from her and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. They both were just looking around.

Zaviyar cleared his throat and said. ‘’I am waiting for you in the car.’’ Saying that he left.

Amayra took a deep breath. Oh god. This is going to be so embarrassing. Argh.

The whole ride was awkward. Amayra was looking outside the window. After half an hour, they arrived at the destination. It looked like a barn. Zaviyar opened her side of door. ‘’come.’’

When they entered, Amayra saw a beautiful dark brown horse with another horse and there was a small foal. Realization dawned her. They were a family. She was in awe. They looked so cute.

‘’that one is blizzard. He is the father.’’ He said pointing to one of them. Zaviyar was standing right behind her.

‘’the other one is blossom. She is the mother.’’ Blizzard was licking blossom which kind of disgusted Amayra. Zaviyar noticed it and chuckled. ‘’that’s their love language.’’

‘’what about the foal? What is it’s name?’’ Amayra asked out of curiosity.

‘’that’s why I brought you here. Blossom gave birth to her just 3 months ago. I want you to name her.’’ He said near her ear.

‘’blossom is a flower then what about peony?’’ Zaviyar nodded and took her hand. ‘’let’s go and meet them.’’

Amayra was dumbfounded. She had no clue what was happening. But still ignored it. The horses were so cute.

‘’blizzard is my horse. I bought blossom when blizzard’s father died.’’

“you had blizzard’s father as well?’’ Amayra asked totally surprised.

‘’yes, he belonged to my grandfather. But blizzard is mine.’’ Zaviyar said feeling proud as he patted blizzard. ‘’blossom is yours.’’ Her head snapped to his. ‘’really?’’ Zaviyar nodded.

‘’I don’t know how to ride.’’ She whispered feeling embarrassed.

‘’I know and that’s what we will do on our date today. Let me go and grab some things and we can start.’’ Saying that he went. Amayra looked at foal. She bent a patted her, who was leaning into her. Zaviyar returned and started setting the saddle on blossom.

‘’who will you give peony to?’’ that got his attention. Zaviyar looked embarrassed.

“He was born not long after our nikkah so…” Zaviyar scratched the back of his neck.

‘’So… I wanted to give her to our first born.’’ He softly muttered totally ashamed. Even though there was nothing to be embarrassed about. On the other hand, Amayra regretted asking. This day can’t get more embarrassing.

‘’it’s all done. Come.’’ Amayra nodded and kissed peony and got up.

‘’Zaviyar, what if I fall?”

‘’don’t worry. I am here. I will teach you how to ride and you will learn easily.’’ Zaviyar helped her sit on her and softly guided her.

‘’be gentle with the reins and don’t hold the saddle horn for balance or else it will slip’’ Zaviyar also sat on blossom, just behind Amayra. Slowly blossom started walking which made Amayra a bit tense.

‘’don’t slouch. Relax yourself’’ Zaviyar whispered near her ears.

In no time, the reins were in Amayra’s hold and blossom was running. It was just her controlling the horse. Zaviyar really was a good teacher. While they were running, Zaviyar whistled loudly and blizzard also joined them.

He told her to stop blossom. He stepped down from blossom and went to sit on blizzard.

They rode for next few hours. At the end of their date, both were laughing loudly.

‘’can we come again here for our next date, please?’’ Amayra normally questioned.

‘’you don’t need a date to come here. I will bring you whenever you want as long as it makes you happy.’’

This man.

When they reached back home it was already dinner time. Zaviyar insisted on eating outside but Amayra denied. The dinner was already ready. Honestly, she felt a bit guilty because she wouldn’t do anything all day and everyone would still treat her so good.

‘’a gaye tum dono.’’ Fozia asked.
(you guys are back.)

Zaviyar went and threw himself on sofa. Amayra went upstairs to leave her bag. As she returned, she asked Mishal to go and sit and she will set the table.

‘’come everyone and eat.’’ Amayra called everyone.

‘’you look beautiful, beta’’ zahid started and Fozia agreed with him.

‘’thank you uncle.’’ Zaviyar sat beside her.

‘’there is something that me and Fozia wanted to tell you both but first of all stop calling me uncle. I am your abbu just like I am zaviyar’s.’’ zahid added.

‘’what is it, abbu?’’ Zaviyar asked and signaled Amayra to fill his glass.

Zahid gave Amayra a small box and smiled. While Amayra was opening it zahid continued.

‘’me and your mother has decided to give you both some privacy and it’s Amayra’s right as well.’’

Until now Amayra had already opened the box and took what was in it. Keys.

‘’yeh tum dono ke ghar ki keys hain.’’ Zahid exclaimed.
(these are your house keys)

‘’no, we can’t accept it.’’ Amayra said. It was too much.

‘’yes you can. In few years Mishal will also get married and then we old couple will need some time alone.’’ Zahid added chuckling.

‘’but….’’ Zaviyar cut her off. ‘’thank you dad. We appreciate it.’’

‘’good. You guys can start packing. It is already furnished but Amayra can design it as she wants. And until you both don’t move out, Zaviyar will pay me rent.’’ Zahid said jokingly.

‘’Zaviyar you shouldn’t have accepted it. It’s too much.’’ Amayra scolded him as soon as they entered.

‘’oh god Amayra you take so much tension. Relax.’’ Zaviyar normally replied.

‘’Zaviyar you don’t understand. We shouldn’t leave them alone. They are our parents, they raised you and Mishal lovingly your whole life and you will leave them alone when they are old.’’ She emotionally blackmailed.

‘’Amayra listen to me. I will pay him back. I will return him every single penny. The house is not that far its only 10 minutes drive. It is their wish for us to move out then it’s nothing wrong.’’ Amayra went and sat on the bed.

‘’but if they ever feel alone we will move back. Promise me?’’ Zaviyar nodded

‘’then can we buy a kitten for our house?’’ she added cheerfully. Zaviyar thought for a second and then agreed with her.

They both did their everyday night routine.

‘’Amayra?” she heard him saying. ‘’yeah?’’

‘’you have to tell me about your day.’’ Dang it! She totally forgot this part.

‘’it was fun all thanks to you. I am happy that I had a tiring but enjoyable day.’’ It feels good to share it. Her eyes were closing because of tiredness but she added. ‘’also, I felt super pretty today. Like really pretty.’’ Zaviyar turned to look at her.

‘’you are always pretty.’’ Unfortunately she didn’t hear him because sleep had already engulfed her.

The next day, Amayra was humming lightly with a small flick of smile. After she was done with her chores and was finally free, she sat down and started scrolling through her phone.

Noticing the glowing face of her, Mishal decided to ask her the reason behind her happiness.

‘’you look so happy. mashAllah.’’ Amayra smiled at her and nodded.

‘’I am so happy.’’

‘’can I ask why or is it something private. Oh wait, please tell me I am going to be a phupho soon.’’ Mishal loudly cheered.

‘’oh god, Mishal why are you always thinking like this and no that’s not the reason.’’ Amayra normally replied. Mishal acted as if she was hurt.

‘’then what is it.’’

‘’I am looking for a cute kitten breed. I asked Zaviyar if we could have one and he said yes.’’ Hearing her words, Mishal gave her a questioned look.

‘’Bhai said yes to a kitten?’’ Amayra covered her ears. ‘’don’t shout and yes he did.’’

‘’that’s impossible.’’ Mishal muttered.

‘’why?’’ Amayra questioned.

‘’bhabhi, bhai is allergic to cats.’’

______________________

Do you guys like the new cover? I love it.

Btw, Any bts fan here?

Do VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.