chapter 1

Weirdo. That’s what everyone said about her. Her, who is his wife for at least 4 months now. Not once he talked to her, well, not once his wife talked to him. He tried talking to her, but she was an expert in avoiding him. She talked to his family. She even goes shopping with his sister, but why won’t she talk to him?

Once a question always a question, I guess

Today they were at her house to finally select a final date for their wedding. Rukhsati.

She was there, looking as beautiful as ever.

The fact that she was not comfortable talking to him hurt him sometimes, but he knew that maybe she wanted time. You can’t expect someone to talk to you suddenly. She was more comfortable with his sister because she is also her best friend. And she needed time to accept their relation.

He still remembers the day he first saw her. It was not love at first sight, obviously. He still doesn’t love her. Let’s be realistic. Even though she was his wife. Love takes time and communication. Something his wife was not very fond of. Anyway, he likes her. Who can’t like her. She is the most lovable girl. She was soft, innocent and cute. But she was also mysterious.

He asked his sister multiple times about her, about her past. Even she was hesitant before replying.

Bhai, she doesn’t talk much about her personal life. I didn’t want to force her to open up to me. I adore her and that’s why I got you married to her, because I want to keep her safe. I trust you.’

‘’What do you think, beta?’’ his dad voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

‘’what?’’ he asked. Confused

‘’we all agree to do the rukhsati on the last weekend of this month.’’ Zaviyar glanced at her, who was sitting there. Is she okay with this? Isn’t this too soon for her? Did anyone even ask her?

‘’yeah, I think it is good if Amayra is comfortable with it.’’ Her head snapped up. She looked at him with wide eyes, did he say something wrong?

‘’yes Amayra beta, are you okay with these dates?’’ Zahid, his father, asked her, who nodded timidly. Her cheeks slowly turning red. Why is she blushing? There is nothing to blush about, right?

Everyone congratulated each other. Later, they all had dinner and the wedding discussions and plans started. He looked around. She wasn’t there. She disappeared again, but that didn’t surprise him, what shocked him was that no one even noticed she was gone.

At night, he remembered how they got married.

His parents were really supportive, but his mother, nowadays, was being a bit dramatic.

‘’meri har dost ke potey ho gaen hain.’’ Zaviyar rolled his eyes.

(all of my friends have grandsons)