"Is no one working and going to school today?" She asked as she dodged a machete coming at her.

            "Town council canceled school and closed down most businesses."

             He sat on the coffee table right in front of her, so she leaned towards Silas so she could see better.

            "Ne, don't you think it psychotic to be playing a Jason Voorhees game when you have a killer after you?"

            She frowned at him. "I'm very good at it."

            "She is." Silas nodded. "Not as good as me but good."

            "When did you get Wi-Fi?"

            "I'm stealing it from Mr. Peabody." Silas admitted. "His code is the name of that dog he used to have. It was a chihuahua. Remember, Neevy? It used to howl at the moon all night."

            "He was the only animal to never like me. Mr. Peabody has Wi-Fi? Everett, can you sit somewhere else?"

            "Silas, what have you done with my best friend?"

            Silas sat up straight and eyed Everett. "You mean my best friend?"

            "Oh Lord, let's not get into that." She sat her controller down next to Everett. "I guess I could do something more useful."

            "You're not taking this seriously enough, Ne."

            "I am. Believe me, I am. I can hardly think of anything else. Except for Vallen. And Bethany. I know she's with her aunt now, but I'm still worried about her. And Rylee. My grandmother is missing, and my crow is missing in action. Did you not see my nervous breakdown in class the other day?"

            "It's coming back to me." He made a pouty face. "I'm worried about you, Ne."

            "I have this under control, Everett."

            Nevaeha patted Silas's knee before she stood. "You're both forgetting I'm a super bad ass witch."

            Silas rolled his eyes, but Everett bust out in laughter. "Right. More like a little snuggle, buddy."

            She sighed. "Move your ass off my table and I'll try some of my magic."

            "You meant to say my fine ass."

            "Move your fine, conceited ass off my table."

            Once he did, she called a map of the town to her, and then she took one of her rune stones from a holding box. Putting it in a bowl, she sprinkled some dried flowers and ash into it and said a spell over it.

            "What will that do?" Everett asked as he kneeled at her side.

            "It will show me if there's any evil in or directly around the town." She picked her stone back up, then she gave the bowl a swirl and dumped it onto the map.

            There was a little ash all over the whole town and four small piles. The flowers all clumped together over the forbidden forest.

            Silas looked at the map closer. "That one is over the school."

            "That one is probably that janitor with one eye. He might not be evil, but he's downright freaky. Good in bed, but freaky. Or it could be Mr. Herrmann. That's an evil bastard."

            "Everett!"

            "You know I'm not lying, Ne."

            She sighed. "I guess this will not help. We know there's some evil in the town."

            "Couldn't you look for something more specific?"

            "I've tried. It's like the human he's taken over is cloaking him in his goodness. And vice versa. He's able to cloak the boy, so there's never any evidence left behind."

            "Killers do that all the time."

            "True, but the boy doesn't have to wear any mask, no gloves. He doesn't have to wipe down anything. He can do more damage in a matter of seconds than any human could do."

            "You think the boy is aware of what is going on?"

            "Hard to say. I hope not."

            "Well, now that I can see that you have all of this under control, I can leave you to it. I need a rendezvous with someone tall, dark, and handsome to take my mind off things." He kissed her forehead. "I'd stay, but I'm a lover and not a fighter and I'm much too young and hot to die."

            Silas rolled his eyes. "Swell friend, you have there. No wonder you chose me over him. What's for lunch?" He asked as soon as her other friend was out the door.

            "Well, he's not lying."

            "He's not even that good looking. "

            "He has a charismatic personality that draws people in more than muscles and a strong chin does."

            "Whatever. Are we going to play some more?"