Part 95 (This is Carl's Show)

Începe de la început

"Two minutes, people!" Negan yelled. "Dig deep! I want these apologies to be memorable. Bonus points for creativity. Write a poem, sing a song, I love that shit!"

"Get going," Carl said. "There's people in the infirmary. They're gonna need your help."

Negan whistled again, the sound carrying as Tara spoke. "Look, we've got guns, we can fight them."

"We will," Rosita nodded. "But not now. Carl's right."

"Carl, we can't just leave this place," Michonne shook her head.

"We can," Carl replied. "All we need to do is survive tonight." He turned his attention to CJ. "This is my show. You said that. This is my plan and you're gonna do it. You're all gonna do it. So, let's go!"

"One minute!" Negan called out. "One minute!"

The group started running off, and CJ stayed put, her eyes locked on Carl. Daryl noticed and grabbed her wrist. "C, come on. We gotta go."

CJ ignored him and went to Carl, taking his hand. "You shouldn't go by yourself."

"I have to," Carl replied. "Please, you need to go."

CJ shook her head. "Carl-"

"Earlier, you said you trusted me," Carl recalled. "Do you?"

"You know I do," she replied.

"Then trust me now," Carl begged. "Please, go."

"CJ," Daryl caught her hand again. "C'mon."

Glancing at Carl one more time, she finally agreed and ran off with Daryl. As they headed to the infirmary, she had this horrible feeling in the back of her mind that something was wrong. And not just the Saviors being outside ready to bomb the place she called home. Something worse, if that were possible.

A few of the group took a few trucks to get out the back for the Saviors to follow whilst CJ led the rest to the infirmary to get the patients to safety. They got everyone around to the sewer grate Carl was by before, and they helped the injured people down the ladder. Suddenly. explosions started vibrating through the air and fires burned through the town as the Saviors began bombing the streets.

CJ made sure everyone was down until she was the last one still standing in the street. Explosions continued to destroy the buildings of the town, and she kept looking all around.

"CJ," she heard Tobin say as he held his hand out for her to help her down. "Come on."

"Carl is still out here," she said. "I'm not going down there until I know he's alright."

"He'll be okay," Tobin tried to assure her. "Come on. With Rick still out, we need you."

She glanced down at him for barely a second before looking out to the town again.

"Carl!" she yelled over the explosions. "Carl!"

Another explosion went off in the building not too far from where she was stood, and she felt the sudden heat of flames hit her, the light blinding her for a moment.

"Come on, CJ," Tobin said. "You can't stay up there."

She didn't even hesitate with her response. "Daryl, Tara and Rosita will be back soon. You'll be fine."

"CJ-"

"I'll be back," she cut him off as she unholstered her gun. "With Carl."

Before Tobin could protest any more, CJ ran off into the night, surrounded by thick, black smoke and narrowly avoiding being caught up in the fires that continued to burn.