Page1

Alex hadn't shown up in his office today and Tyler hadn't made class either. Assuming that something was wrong I was going to find them. The first place to start was their apartment. The school year was almost done, Tyler had finals and Alex was getting ready for graduation and the kids going home. I knew that it had been stressful for them. That Tyler was graduating this year should be helping but it seemed to actually be making them more stressed. I wasn't sure why. As I reach their door I can hear them arguing loudly though I can't make out the words. What had me worried though was that the darling baby girl of theirs, that I got the pleasure of being Uncle to, was crying. I knocked several times loudly but got no answer. Between them yelling and her crying I wasn't sure they could even hear me. Slipping out the master key I had I unlocked their door. Sometimes it was handy to be head of security. They were both still in pajamas.

"This is not my fault." Tyler said point at himself.

"I'm not saying it was. When did I ever say it was your fault."

"You implied it."

"When?"

"When you made that off hand comment about me not being happy that you weren't around lately. You implied I did this on purpose."

"Now you are reaching. You just are upset and are taking it out on me. Maybe you feel guilty for getting pregnant." Oh shit. No wonder they didn't get out of the apartment today. Tyler stared at Alex.

"And just what do you mean by that. You really do think I did it on purpose."

"I do not." Alex insisted. I gave a shrill whistle as I headed for the bedroom where little Payton was wailing.

"What the hell is wrong with you two? Do you not hear her crying? I could hear her in the hall." Tyler sighed and quickly came to get the whimpering little girl from me.

"Of course we heard her. I'm a good father. I wasn't neglecting her." I looked at Alex. He rolled his eyes. Yeah with that little bit I was on Alex side. Tyler was out of whack. I cleared my throat measuring each word carefully.

"So your pregnant again? That's great. Babies are always great things."

"Oh shut up you. What would you know?" He physically shoved me out of the bedroom and shut the door behind me. I heard a sob and sighed. Keeping quiet I went to Alex.

"It's pregnancy right?"

"I'm assuming so. He's never acted like this before. He threw up this morning and immediately went to the nurse for a pregnancy test. I've been really good about condoms but obviously yesterday I missed one in the closet mid afternoon. The second he found out he was crying. I tried to tell him it was okay. I did say that I knew I hadn't been around lately and we'd both been stressed about things, then I said that there was no reason to be upset we'd work it out. He then started yelling at me. Our yelling upset Payton. I don't know what to do?" My friend was definitely at his wits end.

"I'd like to help but I have no idea how."

"Neither do I. What did you need?"

"Neither of you showed up for your daily activities so I knew something was up. I was not expecting to walk into this." Alex raked his hands through his hair.

"Simon, in the months since Payton was born things have been going great. Sure we've argued a little but never anything like this. I don't know what to do?"

"How about you just apologize and tell him that you love him. I think that will be the best opener. Me, I'm going to run away now. Just text me if I can help."

"Thanks." As I headed for the door I heard him knock on the bedroom door. "Tyler baby. I'm sorry I really didn't mean it like that. I love you. I am happy about the baby." The door popped open.