Chapter- 101

The room Kalian gave me was bigger and more luxurious than the room I had stayed in before.

I wondered if I could use such a nice room.

However, as the room was so big and nice, it made me feel burdensome to ask for a change, so I quietly unpacked my luggage.

It was such shabby luggage that didn't fit in this luxurious room.

Among the clothes I had, the only one that matched this room was the uniform I was wearing now. All was plain and unsightly.

Why are things that weren't unnoticed in Hutton noticed here?

Should I go home and get some clothes? There are still some nice clothes at home. And I think it will be good to bring underwear and other things as well.

Ah, I have to let Sarah know that I will be staying in the palace for now.

Sarah would return in about 4 days, but there's a possibility that she would come back early. It would be better to go ahead and leave a note.

Since I was going for a while, I left everything else behind and took only my pass and wallet.

I wanted to ask the servant to call a carriage, but I decided to just walk as I thought it was better to walk a little.

Before leaving the palace, I stopped by the cashier in the outer palace and received my unpaid salary.

The pocket of gold coins was quite heavy.

"The salary is higher than I thought."

Hearing me talking to myself in surprise, the cashier said with a slight smile.

"That's not a lot. Baron Delrond receives more."

"Really?"

"Yes. It's because he works overtime and all-nighter a lot. His Majesty told me to take good care of it as much as its difficulty."

Ah, that's why I received a lot.

It's not as much as Baron Delrond but he had worked overtime a lot to prepare for parties and do this and that.

"Then I'll get going now."

"Goodbye. Ah, and congratulations on receiving your baron title, Baron Aster."

It was just a courtesy, but it felt good.

"Thank you. Then, I'll get going."

After saying goodbye to the official, I left the cashier.

After passing through the somewhat noisy outer palace, I left the Imperial Palace.

I stopped for a moment and watched the familiar street and people moving busily.

It was the street that I had passed countless times, but for some reason, it felt new. I kind of missed it, too.

"Ah, I shouldn't be doing this."

I had plenty of time, but I didn't have time to relax. Because I had to go back before sunset.

I hurriedly took the steps I had stopped and headed home.

On the way, I stopped by a general store to buy letter papers and envelopes. It was for Misa and the servants of the Duke of Williot.

When sending the letter, I would probably write a request not to tell Philen as much as possible, but the faithful butler was likely to tell Philen. Then Philen would rip the letter right away, right?

"..."

It felt bitter thinking that Philen would do that.

The letter might not reach Misa and the others, but I still wanted to send it.