Chapter-100

It was the drawing room where I waited for Kalian early in the morning to accept the offer to become an aide.

"His Majesty will be here soon. I have a lot of work to do, so I'll get going now."

"Thank you for the guidance, Baron(-nim) Delrond."

"It's Baron, Baron Aster."

Baron Delrond urged me to follow him.

Now that we're both barons, it was right to remove the '-nim', but it felt awkward.

I hesitated and carefully opened my mouth.

"Baron... Delrond."

"It's a lot nicer to hear."

Baron Delrond disappeared with a smile as if he was very pleased, though I had only removed the '-nim'.

When I sat down where I used to sit before, the maid brought tea.

"It's Ann Marie tea."

When the teapot was tilted, the teacup was filled with yellow tea.

As I looked at the tea, I naturally thought of Sir Hiltine.

I wanted to thank him for escorting me to the Imperial Palace. It was a pity that he disappeared so suddenly that I couldn't say goodbye properly.

I was fiddling with the tea and thinking about Sir Hiltine when I heard the door open.

It was Kalian. I immediately got up and greeted him.

Kalian waved his hand in annoyance and sat across from me.

Soon the maid prepared his tea.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. Something came up all of a sudden."

"No, you're not."

Come to think of it, why did His Majesty call me privately? Did he have any questions about the diplomatic meeting?

There was no other reason that came to my mind other than that, so I thought it would be it, but it wasn't.

"I'm going to give you a new mansion."

"Yes?"

A new mansion?

"Are there any problems with the house I live in now?"

"I'm sure you, who live in that house, know better than me."

That's right.

"Then, why are you giving me a new mansion..."

"Because the house you're living in now is too small for you to live in."

Small? It was too big for me and Sarah to live in.

"Other nobles will laugh at you if they find out that a baron, as well as the emperor's aide, lives in such a small mansion rather than a proper one. You will lose face, you know?"

I tried to refuse, but when he said that, I couldn't refuse anymore.

"If that's the reason, I'll take it."

"By the way, this mansion is the house I give you in commemoration of becoming a baron. I don't accept rent or anything like that."

"But..."

"Leila."

I was going to say that I didn't think so, but Kalian cut me off and replied coldly.

"You're not going to turn down my gift because of that small sum, are you?"