ONE| the life of a pogue

Magsimula sa umpisa

Hearing his disappointed words, Eden finally got up, making sure to give JJ a good slap on the shoulder before she followed after John B., her eyes scanning over the property.   It was covered with debris, branches and lots of uprooted trees.  More work for them to clean up later.

"Wow." Eden nodded, puckering her lips slightly.  "Agatha is a bitch."

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ brushed past Eden, taking a spot on the top step, eyeing up the messed up yard. 

"Yeah she did."

"Good morning, JJ." Eden softly smiled at the blonde boy, though her tone was rather mocking.  In response, JJ turned to her and let out a burp causing the girl to close her eyes and grimaced. "Gross."

JJ left the stairs after that, walking over to the brunette boy. "What are you thinkin'?"

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze." John B. responded, beginning to grab branches out from the boat.  Eden descended down the stairs, making her way over to the boys.  The least she could do was help John B. clean up his boat, and his yard for that matter.  "All the drum are gonna chase the crab."

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today."  JJ brows furrowed together, eyeing John B.

"Oh, that is today." Eden frowned, "I mean, the offers still up.  I'm sure my parents would hate it, but, I can't let you go to foster care." Before DCS' arrival, Eden had offered for John to stay at her own house until his uncle returned—if that ever happened—despite her parents disliking for the boy. She couldn't let her friend sit in foster care, that was for sure.

"Nah, they're not getting on a ferry." John B. responded to both his friends, tossing a branch from his boat.  He then looked a JJ, "Come on, think about.  It's God telling us to fish." He used a branch to point towards the sky.

"Hell yeah." JJ muttered with a smile, before turning to look at Eden, pouted lip as if he was gonna cry.  John B. gave a smirk tilting his head as he waited for the girls answer.   She tapped her chin as if she had to think about it.  Of course she'd go fishing, she just liked to mess with them.

"Okay, okay.  Let's clean this thing out." Eden smiled, beginning to grab branches from the boat.  The two boys smiled aswell before joining her, JJ giving a small groan to express just how much he enjoyed the task.

It took about 30 minutes to clear the boat and get it in the water, but after that, they were on a roll.    With John B. driving, JJ stood in the front, pointing out all the boats and what they looked like.  Eden was sitting on the edge, with the usual bracelet kit in front of her.  At the moment, she was working on a new one for Kie—as she'd asked. 

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink." JJ mentioned, watching as they neared the deck, getting closer to Heyward's house. "He doesn't have insurance."

"Yeah."

"Hello, Miss Amy!" Eden glanced up from her bracelet, giving a small wave and smile to the familiar woman tending to her boat.  The woman waved back and Eden added, "Agatha treat you well?"

"Still here." the woman responded, smiling.

After passing the woman and her partner, JJ smugly spoke. "She totally looked at me."

"I saw it." John B. agreed, causing the brunette girl near them to roll her eyes a sigh, looking up from Kie's bracelet again.

"She wasn't looking at you dipshit." Her eyes met JJ's, and he placed a hand at his heart as if he was offended at the nickname. "I was the one talking to her."