Chapter Twenty- Bad Boy Confessions

Start from the beginning

"Not the point Reynolds!" She snapped, "Take it back."

"No."

"Do it."

"I love you."

"I hate you."

"No you don't." I smirked.... but that shit really cut deep. Did she really hate me?

"I'm leaving, I'm drenched in beer and I need to get home." She huffed walking past me and leaving me behind.

"You love me too princess!" I yelled after her before she flipped me the bird. "I must be a mad man for loving her, but I do." I sighed to myself.

***

"Mason you're home early." My dad announced coming down the stairs. Shockingly enough he wasn't in his signature suit.

"Hey pops." I mumbled brushing past him. "Make sure Juanita makes my eggs and bacon in the morning."

"Mason we need to talk." He said grabbing my elbow. Instinctively, I yanked it back. Dad sighed but continued, "it's about the aquarium..."

Now I was listening.

"I found some money in the books. We'll have to push around some money and I called in a favor, but the aquarium will remain open. I'll make the official call in the morning." He said.

My dad may be a horrible father, but he was fucking amazing at his job. I'll give him that at least. "And what about the Craine files?" I asked.

Dad smiled and put a warm hand on my shoulder. "You must really like this girl." He smirked, "First the aquarium, then her private files." He shook his head, "Son, you're going to get burned."

I angrily pushed his hand off of me, "I'd rather get burned than left behind." I shot at him.

Dad winced but quickly composed himself, "The name Raven Porter showed up on the database. She's living in Brentwood about three hours away."

"Thanks." I grumbled before stomping upstairs.

***
The next day I found myself aching for a cigarette. I was contemplating whether I should take the drive to Brentwood or not. Raven Porter has been the person I wanted to keep away from Ally.

She'd be crushed once she knew. Would she hate principal Wallace when she found out? I mean that woman is horrible and the source of all my nightmares, but she's trying to protect her. Then her parents knew too, but they love her so much. I can't risk throwing that away for her.

But what I'm scared of most is that she'll hate me. I knew for months and still I kept my mouth shut. I wanted to tell her everyday. But it wasn't my secret- it was her parent's.

"Hey cousin, why do you look so down in the dumps?" Laine asked. Surprisingly enough, his girlfriend wasn't with him.

"I want a cigarette." I groaned, running my hands through my hair.

"Dude, that stuff is going to kill you one day." He began to lecture me. I zoned out after he started listing the stuff they put in them.

All I could think about was Ally. I told her I love her...she rejected me. I know the biggest secret of her life...I can't tell her.

This was way more than I bargained for. I almost wish I could go back in time and not tie her shoelaces together. That naïve little ten year old didn't see what he was getting himself into. Poor bastard.

"Are you even listening to me?" Laine rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah yeah...don't smoke and knowing is only half the battle." I mumbled still lost in thought.