Chapter 9

Felix told Hyunjin the story of his past in detail and the only thing he mentioned quickly with a light blush was the fact that he'd been watching the elf from afar, wishing to be his friend, for years and years. Regardless of the admission having been said just as an in-between thing, it still had Hyunjin's insides burn and dance in circles, warmth spreading in his blood and making it rush at a speed that the brunette couldn't catch up with. It gave him something that felt a lot like hope.

Apart from that though, his heart ached for the fairy. He could barely wrap it around his head that someone as positive and happy as Felix had had such a devastating childhood and had been put through so much emotional and physical pain, implemented by his own father at that.

He did, of course, remember the poor kid he had found out in the snow years ago, bleeding and shaking like a crumpled leaf in the early weeks of autumn. Until this day, Hyunjin would find himself thinking about him, wondering if he was okay, questioning where he could be or how his life looked like now. Who would've thought that it was Felix all along? Who would've thought that not only he still remembered Hyunjin but that he felt grateful enough to the elf to risk his own life by saving his mother from cancer.

'You didn't need to feel obliged to do all of this for me. When I found you and brought you to Cloudy that day, I just did what anyone else would', Hyunjin played with the fabric of Felix's shirt that covered the fairy's back. His embrace now was looser but still there, present and making both of them feel the heat of their bodies and the rapidness of their beating hearts.

'Even if that might be the case, it wasn't anyone else. It was you. And it was me that came to your house last night when your mother was in critical condition. So whether anyone or nobody would've done the same, it still remains just as important and precious for me.', Felix spoke softly, his voice a bit raspier not just due to the tears he'd cried earlier but from the soreness of having talked for so long.

'Plus, it's a lot like fate, isn't it?', the blonde looked down between their chests bashfully, his long lashes batting prettily, shortening Hyunjin's breath, 'Maybe we were almost meant to save each other', Felix shrugged but failed to look nonchalant, the red shades around his freckles and the way his small fingers nervously fiddles with a small blue button from Hyunjin's pyjama shirt gave his true emotions away.

'Sorry. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself', the fairy quickly added, after the elf remained in a dumbstruck silence upon hearing his words.

'No. No, you're not', Hyunjin sounded way more breathless than he expected and cleared his throat in an attempt to not expose himself too much.

'I like the thought of that', he said while pushing a strand of Felix's hair behind his ear, using the chance to softly rub the pointy end of it with his fingers and basking in the subtle shudder that went past Felix's body at the action.

'I'm not usually one to believe in stuff like that but...I guess that if it comes to you, I quite like thinking that we might be fated.', he felt as if with the admission, he'd ripped his chest open for Felix to look at all its contents and find out the million times the fairy's name had been written over Hyunjin's heart. Beads of sweat trailed down his back, all the way down to his spine, and even if he was dressed, he'd never felt more exposed and bare in his life.

Especially when he couldn't stop looking at Felix as if he'd hung the moon in the sky and in return, the sky had gifted him with constellations that kissed his skin.

Especially when Felix caught his gaze and his wide eyes studied Hyunjin as if the elf was an open book, written only for the blonde to read and treasure every page until it would turn yellow and wrinkled at the edges.

The silence that followed wasn't heavy nor awkward. Instead, it was filled with invisible anticipation that made the air in Hyunjin's room feel hotter than earlier, even if his mum still hadn't turned the heating on.