Chapter 7

In the following weeks, Hyunjin's heart kept melting thanks to the blonde fairy that had become a constant in his daily life. Besides seeing each other at work by chance, they had ended up spending each lunch break together, sitting outside and sharing food, stories and smiles.

Moreover, Felix would stay behind with Hyunjin until the last elf finished their shift in the Workshop, and the two of them would walk back home together. At those times, they would end up talking about how their day went (mostly Felix animatedly explaining everything in detail) or other times they'd simply walk in comfortable silence and listen to the scrunches of snow underneath their boots.

As Christmas Eve neared, Hyunjin still had the usual rough and sleepless nights that he'd get at this time of the year, but it was easier to wake up when he knew that he'd be met with the sight of Felix's smile first thing at work. He'd ended up opening more to his mum about the blonde fairy as well. In fact, their dinner time mostly passed with conversations about Felix. Hyunjin couldn't seem to shut up about him and his mother seemed more than happy to listen about each new interesting fact regarding the fairy that had infatuated her son this badly.

'You should invite him for dinner after you guys finish work tomorrow! I would love to finally meet him', Hyunjin blushed as he played with the food on his plate.

'It's not like we're together though, it might be awkward to ask him to meet my mum', he murmured shyly and wished to bury himself under the table because of the way his mother cooed at his reaction.

'It shouldn't be awkward, you're close friends as well after all, nothing weird about a friend asking a friend to stay over for dinner, no?', Hyunjin pursed his lips at that and even though he did feel insecure about it he found himself getting excited over the fact that he might be able to spend a longer time with Felix.

'I'll try asking him tomorrow'

His mum made a high happy noise and clapped her hands while Hyunjin tried to shake off the blush from his cheeks unsuccessfully.

***********************************

'I still think that I should've gotten something before coming over. I can run to grandpa's house and fetch some of the brownies I made last night!', Felix rambled as he and Hyunjin neared the elf's house.

'For the tenth time Lix, it's fine. No need for any gifts, your presence is more than enough', the words left his mouth before he had the time to think twice about the deeper meaning they held and his eyes widened as a furious blush covered his pointy ears.

He heard Felix sucking in a sharp breath and the brunette's heart rammed loudly in his chest.

'I m-mean for my mum, yeah. She gets bored, always having dinner with only me, so it'd be a nice change to have a new face in the house.', he stuttered while speaking and really really hoped that he wasn't being painfully obvious.

'I see, well, I would be happy to do that then...uh, for your mum', Felix played with a strand of his hair, curling it around his gloved finger while he avoided looking at Hyunjin.

'Yeah...thanks', Hyunjin licked his lips that had become irritatingly chapped and took a deep breath in to bring down some sense into his head and will himself to act normal at dinner.

When they stopped in front of the brunette's door, he unlocked it but turned back to Felix before opening it.

'You ready?', he wasn't sure what brought up the question, it wasn't like they were doing something that difficult or special but Hyunjin couldn't help the nerves that danced under his skin.

When he allowed himself to take a longer look at Felix, he noticed that the blonde was chewing on his lower lip and his fingers were fidgeting with the two woollen strings falling from his hat.