Chapter 8

They finally made it to Capsule Corp. When they got there, Veta was hyperventilating.

"Mom? You ok?" Liz asked.

"Gero...is...back!" Veta yelled between breaths.

"What!?" Everyone said.

"How do you know?"

"I sensed a strong power coming from Gingertown. It's definitely not a person so it has to be Gero."

"W-what do we do?"

17 wasn't happy. If Gero's back, then he can lose Liz for real this time! He couldn't stand for that.

"I'll go fight him." he said.

"What!? 17, are you crazy!?"

"I'm not gonna lose you Liz! If you fight, you'll be killed!"

"So will you!"

"But my life doesn't matter! You have people who care for you."

"So do you!"

"Who!?"

"I care! 18 cares!"

17 sighed.

"While you two figure this out, we'll go get ready. Let's go." Trunks said.

Everyone walked out of the room leaving 17 and Liz by themselves. Liz frowned at the android.

"17, if you fight Gero then I'm going with you."

"No Liz, it's too dangerous."

"I'm a demon. Demons live for danger."

"You're also only a teen. You're too young."

"So!?"

"If you go you'll die! I love you too much to let that happen!"

He pulled her into a hug. Tears streamed down her face. She quietly whispered: "I love you too." 17 smiled at her, but his expression changed quickly.

"I'm sorry Liz."

"For what?"

"For this."

He hit her neck with his hand and she fell unconscious. He laid her carefully on the sofa and went outside to search for Gero.

Gero you bastard, I won't let you take her away from me! Not this time!

He flew to Gingertown quickly. If anyone was going to stop Gero, I was going to be him. He didn't want anyone in his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz woke up to see her grandma, mom and sisters around her. The back of her neck felt sore.

Geez, what the hell happened? I feel like I fell asleep on a pile if rocks.

Her mind quickly realized that 17 disappeared. She looked around frantically hoping to see him in the room.

"Liz? What's wrong?" Lizzia asked.

"Where's 17!?"

"When we found you he was gone. He must've gone to fight Gero."

"Damn it!" she said pounding her fist on the furniture.