Chapter 3

Liz opened the door to her home.

"I'm back."

The first person to respond was Veta. She held the young saiyan in a tight embrace.

"Oh my Kami, Liz! Where were you!? I was worried sick! You aren't hurt are you!?"

"I'm fine mom."

"You ok sis?" Shinron asked.

"Yeah, it's already midnight geez." Lizzia added.

"Which means you should be in bed!" Veta shouted at the two with hands in her hips.

Without a second thought, Shinron and Lizzia rushed to their rooms. No one liked it when Veta was angry, she was a killing machine!

"Now," she continued to Liz, "why did you run away?"

"Ask dad. I'm going to bed."

She stormed off to her room. As she left, she could hear her mother quietly whisper: "What happened this time?"

Even at a time like this, she couldn't stop thinking about 17.

I hope he'll be ok on his own. He looked pretty injured when I found him. What happened?

She couldn't keep thinking, she had already reached her room. She laid tiredly on her bed and drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Liz got up and went to the kitchen. It was a weekend, so she didn't have school. After breakfast, she snuck some food out of Capsule Corp to the cave where she left the android.

When she arrived, 17 was laying on the floor sound asleep. She couldn't help but smile.

He looks so cute like that. But he should eat still.

"Hey, wake up."

A groan came from his mouth. Letting out a sigh, she lightly kicked his side.

"Alright alright, I'm up."

"Come on, I got bacon and eggs with some toast. If you don't want it, I can always give it to the animals."

He quickly sat up and yelled in anger.

"Those furry bastards don't deserve food! They can get it themselves!"

Liz bursted out with laughter.

"Ok ok tough guy. Here you go."

She handed him the tray if food. It didn't take long for him to eat it, as soon as the tray was in reach he quickly gobbled all of it.

"Wow, you eat as fast as Goku. You must really be hungry."

"Just because I'm no longer human doesn't mean I don't have to eat. I still get hungry."

She smiled at him as she stood up and made the tray disappear with her magic.

"H-how did you..."

"I'm part demon. I can make anything appear and disappear as I please."

"Oh, well that explains a lot."

She nodded with a grin. 17 stood up and started walking out of the cave.

"Do you know where I can clean myself."

She smelled the clothes he wore and pinched her nose.

"Yeah, you really do need a bath."

A slight blushed marked his face. He became a little irritated.

"Where can I clean up?"

"There's a waterfall not too far from here. Just follow the river and you'll find it." she said pointing at the stream if water near the cave.

"Alright then. I'll see you later." he replied before taking off and flying away.

She headed back to Capsule Corp to call 18 and Krillin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After some time, 18 stepped in through the door. Krillin and Marron followed her.

"Oh hi Liz!" Krillin said with a smile, "How are ya?"

"I'm ok."

"So, why did you call us here?"

"Oh um...about that..."

A knock came from the balcony door.

"I'll be right back!"

Liz rushed to the door and opened it. Standing there was a fresh smelling Android 17.

"Great! Just in time! Follow me."

She lead him to the room where the others were gathered.

"18, do I have a surprise for you!"

"What is it?" she asked crossing her arms.

"Say hello to your long lost brother!"

She tugged on 17's arm as they walked into the room. The three stood there in complete shock.

"W-what!?" 18 yelled.

"Android 17!?" Krillin shouted.

"Please don't hurt us again!" Marron pleaded.

"What are you all talking about? Why would he..."

A loud and angry yell came from the gravity chamber. Vegeta stepped out looking very annoyed.

"What in the hell is all this screaming for!?"

He looked at Liz and the person beside her. Vegeta became even more furious.

"You bastard! Stay away from my granddaughter!"

"Ok, what is going on here? Why would you guys be scared of him? He's not going to hurt you, he didn't hurt me!"

"Are you stupid or something!? He's a cold blooded killer!" Vegeta yelled.

"So!? You and 18 were the same thing, yet everyone still forgave you! Why can't 17 be treated the same!?"

"Look, Liz," Krillin said calmly, "17 showed up 3 times. Once when I met 18 and another when your parents were young. He tried to kill us both of those times, we can't trust him!"

"Why not!? How do you know!? He's good! I know he is!"

"You baka! Get him out now!"

"Vegeta, there's no need to call her a..."

"Shut it baldy! She's ignorant, just like her grandmother!"

That hit Liz hard. Her role model called her stupid. She couldn't take it anymore. Tears formed in her eyes. She hugged herself, preparing for more heartbreak. 17 put his arms around her.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Liz, you know Vegeta didn't mean..."

"SHUT UP! I HATE YOU! ALL OF YOU!"

She ran to the balcony and took to the sky. 17 followed her to make she was ok.

"Vegeta, you shouldn't have called her that."

"Why not? It's the truth."

"But she's your own flesh and blood. Hearing her own grandpa call her such a thing, it's just awful. She already has enough pressure on her. Remember her 'problem'?"

"Damn it..."

Vegeta, you ignorant moron. Damn it. I should've kept quiet. I almost forget about that bastard and what he did...