Chapter 2

17's POV

I sat there in the cave, still waiting for that girl to come back. How could she save me? I was evil, she's good. For a saiyan she sure has one hell of a good heart. I let out a long sigh.

I just didn't understand it. She's the grandkid of Vegeta, a ruthless saiyan yet she's the nicest person I've met. I looked at the weapon she gave me.

A gun? Why would she give me a gun? I'm a cyborg for Kami's sake!

I heard a nice coming from where she had left. Something was coming. I pointed the gun at the spot, ready to shoot until I heard a voice.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Calm down! It's me!"

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were an animal."

"I'm not an animal silly." she said with a smile.

I felt myself smile before shaking my head.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not suppose to have emotions."

"Stop with that bull crap. You're a living thing, cyborg or not! All living things have feelings!"

"Not me." I mumbled. Apparently she heard that because I felt a sharp pain in my cheek. She slapped me.

"Shut up will ya!"

"Ok ok, geez."

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that..."

"It's alright, I suppose."

There she went again with the smile.

Damn this girl. Every time I'm near her, I feel weird. Like, the whole world no longer exist and it's just me and her.

"Come on, let's eat." she said holding up a dead deer.

"Please tell me you're going to cook that."

"Of course I am. I'm not a pig."

She started a fire and cooked the parts I ordered. She took the legs and I chose the meaty parts.

She's really strange. Hmm...

"Hey, you said you're name's Android 17 right?"

"Yeah."

"I think my dad and Goku told me about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Android 18's your twin sister right?"

"How do you know her?"

"Oh, she married Krillin."

"That short bald man?"

"Yep. They even had a kid."

"I'm an uncle!?"

She bursted out laughing.

"Yep!"

"Holy..."

"Wow, you really missed a lot haven't you?"

"Apparently."

"I wonder if everyone..."

"Still hate me?" I finished for her.

"Yeah."

"They probably do."

"I know 18 doesn't. She still talks about you."

"She does?"

"Yep. Hey! Maybe I can invite her to Capsule Corp tomorrow and you can see her! Krillin and Marron can come too!"

"Marron?"

"Your niece."

"Oh. Wait, the bald man's coming!?"

"Don't worry, he's too old to fight now. He won't be a problem."

"But what if Vegeta is there?"

"Grandpa's always training, so he won't be around much."

"Alright then."

"Great!"

She smiled again. This time, I smiled as well but I didn't do anything about it. I decided to take her advice and let my emotions take over. It felt, good. I actually liked it.

I heard a yawn escape her mouth as she rested her head on my shoulder. I felt my face getting warm. With her eyes closed, I heard her say: "Someone's blushing."

"W-what!? No I'm not!"

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not!"

She laughed. I rolled my eyes as she sat back up.

"Well, I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright."

"Don't forget to come to Capsule Corp at 5 pm ok?"

"Sure."

"Good. Bye!"

She took to the sky. I called out to her.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Your name's Liz right?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, just making sure."

She, once again, smiled before flying away. I was left in the cave.

So, 18's still alive huh? I can't wait.

Author's POV

As Liz was heading home, an evil force was at work. A for that Goku and friends have tangled with before. Dr. Gero!

At Gero's lab

"Now, finally! I can get my revenge on Son Goku! And I'll be using that little girl, Liz Briefs!"

"But doctor," one of the robots urged, "According to 17's heart rate, he's apparently developing a feeling for this girl, called 'love.'"

"I could care less! If that trader gets in the way, just kill him! Obliterate him!"

"Y-yes Dr. Gero."

"17, you're nothing but traderous little punk! Just like 18... But, you'll work for me again soon enough. All I have to do is take the most precious thing to you, and kill her!" he laughed.