Chapter 14

Just wanted to update again:)
———————————
PRESENT TIME

ALESSIO

I was driving the car back home, my hand constantly ruffling my hair thinking that dad knew that I married Avelina yesterday. He also knew that she was an innocent girl and the way he was reacting? I think he did have a clue that she wasn't enjoying her role as Mrs. Antoniansaz. Obviously she wasn't, but that was not the point. How did he know that I married yesterday, how did he know the age of Avelina and most certainly, how the fuck did he know the conditions because of which I married her.

I came in front of the gates as the guards opened them. Taking the car inside, I parked it in the garage before sitting there and relaxing my mind a bit, thinking about how the situation could have been different had Julliana been here. We would definitely have had more than four kids, we would have been a happy family, I would have been a better person and so much could have been avoided.

Even this fucking Avelina could have been avoided. I married her out of rage and out of spite. Since the passing away of Julianna, I had always wanted to do nothing but lash pain on others and make them feel what I felt as I lost my wife and daughter. I was drunk on the thought of giving pain and the biggest outcome of that was Avelina. Having her in my fucking life, bound to her by marriage and having her in my house. Enough to make me want to puke and throw away everything that I had in the rage of anger.

I could have divorced her and sent her away, easy. But she had no father, no mother, no cousins or uncles to go to and the only reason that I couldn't divorce her and throw her on the streets. Fucking mistake.

Turning off the ignition, I got out of my car, locked it and headed towards the entrance. It was infuriating to even think that Julianna wouldn't be the one standing there with our daughter in her arms, waiting for me to come home. Hell, I would have daily come home as quickly as possible just to meet the two of them. But now knowing that she was no more here and that I was coming home to some brat who didn't even know how to carry herself, made my mood more sour than usual.

What made it worse was that someone in my own army was more loyal to my father than me. I mean, what the fuck? When it was specifically mentioned to keep my marriage a fucking secret as it was nothing but revenge done in pure spite, then what the fuck was the reason to go and snitch to my father? My father, of all people. I barged open the doors and entered, calling to the guard as my blood was pumping in my veins, "FRANCESCO!!!!!"

Suddenly there were hurried footsteps when Rita came into view, "Boss-"

"Are you Francesco?"

She immediately lowered her head and retreated back in the shadows when I saw two people simultaneously out of the shadows. From my front, I saw Francesco running towards me and on the top of the stairs, hidden behind the railing, stood Avelina. My anger boiled seeing her sight in those stupid flowery dresses and not my Julianna in those beautiful, royal gowns that she wore. What angered me more was the fact that she was the one standing there. The woman I hated the most, more than anything.

Francesco ran towards me when he lowered his head, "Yes boss?"

I took the gun out of my holster, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and pulled him closer when I placed the muzzle of the gun at the side of his head. I was damn sure that nobody else in the fucking room heard it but I did. Avelina had gasped from where she was standing and no one had seemed to notice. Or if they did, they were hiding it perfectly.

I seethed, my teeth gritting in anger, "Who the fuck is the snitch?"

His eyes widened as he looked at me, "Snitch? What snitch? What are you talking about, boss?"

"Who the fuck told my father about the wedding?"

His eyes widened further, "I promise I didn't. I can dispatch a search party and find out."

I grabbed his collar harshly and jerked him awake, "Two days. You have maximum two days, I need to know."

"Yes boss."

He hurried away when ignoring Rita, I cut my sharp glance to Avelina when she rushed away. I started up the stairs when Rita asked, "Boss, dinner?"

"Not today."

"Yes." She turned around to go away when I stopped and looked at her, "Did she eat?"

She stopped and looked back at me, "Who?"

"My fucking camel that I have tied outside."

The stupid lady frowned and started staring out of the window when I rolled my eyes, "Avelina, Rita. Did she eat? Have you lost it these days?"

Realization dawned on her face, "Oh. No sir, I tried a lot but she said she wasn't hungry."

"Why didn't you inform me?"

"I thought you didn't care?"

My jaw ticked and she must have noticed that she crossed a line when she took a step back, "S-sorry boss-"

"Stay in your limits, Rita. I know the process of firing or just simply ending a life and leaving no traces behind, not even for the deadliest of mafias to find. So, watch it before I end it. Keep that tone under your damn control before I don't even take a second to rip it out."

"Yes boss. Sorry boss."

I turned around and continued walking upstairs, "Prepare her food and send it upstairs."

*

I entered the room to see Avelina standing in a corner fidgeting with her hands. Pure fright was plastered over the girl's face when I closed the door and cringed looking at her, "What are you? Twelve? Thirteen? A fucking child?"

She didn't answer and looked at me with a confused expression on her face when I elaborated, "Wear some fucking decent clothes. Being the wife of a Capo, these dresses don't suit you. They just look repugnant on you and will worsen my image. And trust me....... I am not worsening my image because of you."

She took a few steps closer to me, "But I just wore them when I came in my room. No guards saw-"

"Excuse me? My room? Since when the fuck did this room became yours?"

She started arguing with me, "Since the day you married me."

I took large strides towards her and grabbed her chin in my hands. She gasped and her hands flew up covering my own which were around her chin when I pulled her closer and keeping my face damn close to hers, I seethed out, "Stay in your bloody limits, you disgusting filth. I will not appreciate you talking back to me or I promise, I will cut your tongue in half and let you feel the rest of it. You need to be more vigilant and cautious now that you are at a fucking position. Since you lack some brain cells, let me enlighten you that during the flow, you wouldn't have proper control over your thoughts or saying and will say what you have been repeating a lot. So," I applied pressure over her chin, a bruise appearing when I rasped out, "learn to say here what you will speak outside.

Outside you will portray as if I am the most perfect husband and as if you are more than happy. And so? Our room. This is our fucking room, GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD!" and I threw her back.

This sudden burst of annoyance was me saying our bedroom when it was supposed to be Julianna, not her. It was fucking supposed to be my Julie, and not this teenage sick girl.

I just shook my head and entered the bathroom to freshen up.

------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaand we are back to square one of hating Alessio. But trust the author and trust the process. It will get better in ways you wouldn't have imagined.

Since I am not giving out teasers, I can tell you oneeeee thing. Cassio makes his appearance in the next chapter and fights Alessio to protect Avelina. AND TRUST ME, IT'S WORTH IT!!!! Or so, I hope so. Cheese.

Peace.

A.ZChaudhry

My insta: anachaudhry123

Insta: authora.zchaudhry