Sacrifice

You were lying on the bed and your phone glew up. It was Jennie. 

"I want to talk with you. Come meet me at my place at 4pm tomorrow.", a hissy voice said. 

"What do you mean your place?", you asked.  

"I'll text you the address." 

"What about WhitePunk? I did not read in the news that you guys were supposed to give up on the dorm just yet." 

She was quiet. 

"Jennie, please don't do this. Don't br..." 

She hung up. 

/// 

Rain slapped against the windows of the building. The wind blew plastic bags through the streets, creating a frosty atmosphere.    

When her bodyguards let you in the spacious building which was a bungalow with high ceilings and windows which reached from top to buttom, Jennie and Rose were sitting on the couch. 

You tried to not look as nervous as you were, as you calmy took the steps towards the couch. 

Jennie revealed that she took notice of your arrival with a quick nod. She was dressed in all in black with a skirt and a dark make up that accentuated her pristine eyes. 

"I want to hear everything.", Jennie said. Rose was quiet. She just looked on the ground. 

"I asked you both to meet me here so we can resolve all misunderstandings. Rose, you did not answer at the allegations made by my Ex.", Jennie continued. 

Damn, that word hurts. 

"So, Rose, defend yourself.  I asked YN to come here because I want to listen to both sides of the story." 

Rose looked even thinner and frailer than usual. She looked sick and full of worry. 

Wow, I feel bad for her, too. 

"Jennie, is WhitePunk about to disband? Answer me!", you said sternly. 

But Jennie looked only at Rose, continuing to confront her. 

"Tell us, Rose.", Jennie said, not ackloweding your question. "Tell us. Tell us how you went behind my back and  betrayed me and kissed my then boyfriend." 

Now Jennie even came close to Rose physically not touching or hurting her, but putting her face close to hers. 

"Tell us.",  Jennie said. 

Rose broke down crying. "I am sorry, Unnie. I am sorry."

"I guess that's the end for WhitePunk then, considering you are basically just short of admitting your guilty.", Jennie said. 

In a moment that seemed like an eternity, you just could not help but think that you loved Jennie so much, that you would be willing to give up on your relationship for her. You could not tell her the truth anymore. You could not bear that. You knew that WhitePunk would not survive the fallout. 

"I approached Rose first.", you blurted out. "I lied to you because I felt guilty. I am sorry.", you said. "I approached... her. I... kissed her.", you stuttered. 

" Once again, I am so sorry.", you said. 

Surprisingly, Jennie did not cry. She looked composed. 

"Don't ever try to call me again. If we meet by accident, don't even look in my eyes. We're done for.", she replied. 

"I understand", you said, gulping. 

Jennie did not say anything anymore. She just pointed you to the door, ushering you out, slightly pushing. 

"Goodbye.", you said. Jennie looked down on the ground, not meeting your eyes anymore. 

The door was about to close. 

Rose screamed. "Stop this!" 

"Why do you do this YN? Why do always have to be so cute and do the right thing? Why do you have to lie for the sake of us?",  Rose bubbled out unter tears. 

Rose stood up and swiftly wiped the tears from her cheeks with the long sleeves of her pullover. 

"Jennie, don't believe one word this liar says. I approached him first. I kissed him first.", Rose said. 

"He is just too righteous, always wanting to the right thing. Not wanting to hurt WhitePunk, not wanting us to disband.", Rose said. "Which is exactly the reason why I fell for him", she almost whispered. 

"What?", Jennie said. She opened her mouth, then smiled wrily like she couldn't believe what she heard. 

"What a bunch of BS. You would never do such a thing, right, YN? You would never sacrifice our relationship for WhitePunk, for our group, right? You are a selfish liar and angry...", Jennie said. 

"Unnie. It's the truth.", Rose interrupted, now crying again, so her makeup got ruined. "If you hate me forever, its okay. But do believe me, I speak the truth.", Rose said. 

You found yourself getting emotional. You would do everything for Jennie.

"Answer me.", Jennie said. "Was it all a lie?" 

You felt that you had lost your soulmate forever. Your energy was drained, your willpower lost, as you gazed into her eyes.  

"Don't force me", you replied. A tear dropped from your eye. "Don't force me to decide again.", you said. 

"You are truly amazing", Jennie said, laying a hand on her mouth. "You handsome maniac.", Jennie said, now laughing widely, wiping the sudden tears out of her eyes. The messed up make up made her look even more beautiful. She shook her head. "You really lied.",  she said, almost as if she still could not believe it herself. 

"We can talk later Rose", Jennie said. "Everything will be fine.", Jennie said, as she continued to stare into your eyes. 

"Do you think so, Unnie?", Rose asked, continuing to wipe away her tears. 

"I think so", Jennie said, continuing to stare at you.

"Okay, I will leave you two alone then", she replied.  Rose quickly put on her jacket and left the building.

Suddenly, Jennie  gave you a kiss on the cheek. Then another. Then again.  Your heart sprung into a thousand pieces, then came back together, vibrating full of joy and thankfulness. Then, you two kissed and the whole world felt at peace. 

"I don't want to hide anymore. I really don't.", Jennie said, as you hugged each other tightly, feeling each other's warmth.