Do You Really Believe In Me? ♆The Truth Buried Under More Lies♆

Merrick watched as the lithe and graceful Aurora beat the serial killer to a pulp. She socked him in the jaw while kicking him in the shins. He went down easily, and she cracked her knuckles, ready for more if need be.

        Aurora wasn’t in her usual white dress that he’d seen the two days that he’d known her. Instead, she was wearing black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black jacket to go over it. She looked ferocious and ready to kill. Seeing that the man wasn’t getting back up from the small sparring session with her, she found someone’s abandoned shirt and used that to tie him to the fire escape rail.

        Merrick watched, mesmerized as she took out a cell phone and spoke about the killer. Once she hung up, she turned... and saw Merrick. They were at a stand off, no one making a move.

        “You lied.” he whispered.

        Something hardened in her sea colored eyes. “I wasn’t.”

        He started to back away. “You can obviously see. What? Was it some joke with your friends? To see who you could fool?”

        Sirens wailed in the distance, and she glanced around uneasily. “No, Merrick, that’s not it. Now if you just give me time to explain...”

        “I’m waiting.” Merrick said, crossing his arms.

        She shot him a look. “Not here.”

        He turned around and started walking away, disgusted that he even gave her a chance.

        The police were coming closer, and Merrick didn’t want to get more involved in whatever that crazy girl was doing.

        When he was far enough away, he made the mistake of looking back, and she was still there, her pink lips thinned and her eyes worried... for what? Her black and blue hair swirled around her, and then the lights were starting to get closer. Blue and red got closer, and suddenly, she was running the other way like Satan was on her trail.

        Merrick shook his head and turned away. She doesn’t concern you, she never did, he thought. When he got back home, he opened the door to see a pouty Melinda, and he almost groaned out loud. Why did this have to happen to him?

        “Where were you? You didn’t reply to my texts.” she stated.

        “I was surfing.” was his only defense.

        “And you couldn’t text me back when you were walking? I know you can multi-task.”

        “God, Melinda, give me a break!” he snapped. “I just got out of the hospital and almost dying.”

        “Then you shouldn’t have been surfing! That’s the reason you were almost killed, you know!” she yelled. “Greg had to comfort me all night because of how worried I was!”

        Merrick bet that that wasn’t the only thing that Greg was doing. He pursed his lips. “Melinda, I think it’s best that we don’t see each other anymore.”

        She had been raging about how worried she was and pacing the floor, but at his words, she stopped. “You’ve got to be kidding me. Has the sea gotten to your brain?”

        “I’m completely serious.”

        “You can’t be doing this. You can’t. We’ve been together for three freaking years!” she screamed. “What did I do wrong, Merrick? How could you want to break up for no reason?”

        “I don’t need a reason.” Merrick said, coldly. “Now, I want you to leave, right now. I’ll send you back your stuff tomorrow.”