Scarlet 2.0

Senna's pov
Song inspo Paradise by Sixlight
(Literally such a good band and song for these two)

My eyes had shut at some point, probably in reaction to the sound of the explosion. When I opened them the smoke had yet to clear and my ears were ringing. Ghost was saying something to me but I couldn't quite make it out. He waited for a second before repeating himself.

"Are you okay?" He breathed as he held himself over me. In any other situation I would have thought about how beautiful he looked just then, the tall grass and wildflowers framing us and the sun going down leaving the sky a brilliant purple and orange.

"I'm fine." I answered, pretty sure anyways as I looked down at myself, using his shoulders to sit me up as he did.

Nothing had hit me, not that I could see or feel but when I moved to run my hands down the front of my dress I smeared it with blood.

My eyes immediately shot up to his and he gave me a knowing smile, sweat beading on his forehead and breaths labored.

"Simon…" I moved around him then to find that the back of his white button up was slowly turning red, rips in various places. "Simon!" I said again, this time more panicked.

"It's okay, they're not deep." He said but I couldn't be sure if he was lying or not. Fragments of the grenade had broken off and hit him in the back, because he covered me.

For now I had to choose to believe him, watching as he moved to stand. He only winced in the slightest, he was good at hiding his pain.

Once I was satisfied that he was okay for the time being my eyes frantically searched for Price and Soap, panicking again when I couldn't find them.

"There." Simon said, pointing towards the car I'd come out of not long before. The side of it had a few punctures but it had been far enough from the blast that it seemed okay. From behind it Soap and Price emerged, looking uninjured as well.

They hurried over, Price moving to me first to look over at me and place his hands on my shoulders as he examined.

"The blood is Simon's." I told him when his eyes moved to it. "I'm okay." I added then and he gave me a nod.

"What in the actual fuck." Soap said as I moved behind Simon, I had to see if he was lying or telling the truth. The rest of them could figure out what just happened.

His shirt was already torn so I used my hands to split it open, him glancing back at me as I did.

"Bit rough innit?" Ghost said, still trying to make me not worry.

"Piss off."

Most brides would have been devastated at their ruined wedding, in shock even. But I wasn't most brides, and most brides didn't have to worry about grenades being used in the middle of the ceremony.

I was in full lieutenant mode, all of us were.

Ghost shrugged off what was left of his shirt and I used it to dab at the blood trying to get a better look at his wounds. He was breathing fine, maybe a little faster than usual but it made me sure nothing had gone deep enough to puncture his lungs, or anything else. It seemed like he had been right, and that the fragments had only gone into his muscle.

"We need to get you to medical." I demanded as I returned to his side, seeing Price examining whatever was left of the 'ministers' body while Johnny was on guard.

My mind wanted nothing with figuring out why the man had sacrifice himself in an effort to kill us all, I needed to make sure Ghost was going to be okay first. Even if what I had seen made it look like he had gotten lucky, I wasn't a doctor.

"Anything?" Ghost asked as Price returned to us but the Captain shook his head. I could hear the anger in Simon's voice, as if it were just beginning to set in that we'd been attacked during our actual fucking wedding. We're we even married now?

"Ain't much left." Price explained. "We'll look into who he was, figure it out." He continued as Soap's phone rang from his pocket.

Interesting time for it and I think he thought so too because he answered.

"Gem, now's not really a good-" He started. Who the fuck was Gem? What kind of name was that anyways?

"Gem? Oi, Gemma?!" His voice became panicked and louder before it seemed the phone call ended.

"Soap?" Price asked but Johnny was already moving towards the car, waving for us to follow.

"Get in the fucking car, now." Soap ordered and I wasn't sure I'd ever heard him talk to any of us like that.

"Ghost needs-" I started but he interrupted me as he paused with the driver door open.

"Ghost?" Johnny asked, meeting Simon's gaze and sharing something between the bond they had.

"I can wait." Ghost said as he urged me to climb in the back with him. He was shirtless, wounded and bleeding, but God forbid if Soap needed him he'd be there.

"Are you gonna clue us in?" Price asked this time once we were all inside and Soap pulled out of the field like a bat out of hell.

"When I know for sure." Soap answered.

Well that didn't answer shit.

---notes
Okay so this is where Senna/Ghost is going to collide a bit with Gemma/Soap so of you aren't already following and reading my Soap fiction Midnight River then I highly recommend catching up so it won't be confusing 💜

Also a nightmare? As if 😈😈😈