n i n e t e e n

Mason had been pacing back and forth as Declan rubbed his temples. "Mason, you're making me dizzy, bro. Relax, please, I beg."

"I don't know what to do. Bro, this is stress."

"Nah bro, actually thought asking my girl to move in with me was a walk in the park." Declan replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes at his friend. "Sit down."

Mason threw himself on the sofa opposite Declan, his hands gripping at his hair. Mason had weighed up all his options but felt as though they had run dry. To him, the ideas he had produced were simply not good enough.

"Mase, you need to chill. You're asking her to move in, not marry you and have your children. You could ask her through a text and she'd be chuffed with that."

Florence sighed as she double clicked on her touchpad to open yet another email. The office was quiet with only the usual office staff and some of her colleagues. Declan had told her that she was under no circumstances was she allowed to work from his that day, using the excuse that he was getting the room she usually worked from was being redecorated. In reality, both him and Mason were brainstorming ideas good enough for Mason.

"I swear to God, if you don't just take Flossie out for dinner and ask her there, I'll literally ask her for you."

"What if I just wait til we hit the one year mark and then ask then?" Mason quizzed. "It seems like the best time for it."

"Can you wait another three months?"

"Not really."

Florence found herself growing more irritated by the minute, not only did her new brand client give her zero prep work or any information about what they wanted from her, as well as setting her unrealistic deadlines. Adam popped up from behind her, making her jump.

"You look like you need a drink or twelve."

"I bloody do! Meet at the flat later at eight or Shoreditch at ten. Whatever floats your boat."

"Aren't you staying at Mason's tonight?"

"I was meant to be but I'm sure he'll understand."

Adam laughed. "Course he will, when does he not?"

"He's too good for me, isn't he?" Florence shook her head. "Definitely my best boyfriend I've had."

"Cheers to that, babes, cheers to that." Her friend raised the mug of tea and raised it up in the air.
---

mason<3
Today 16:43

goin out tonight, had the worst
day EVER xx

Okay babe, see you after? xx

I'll pick you up? xx

ofccc, might as well give me a
key i'm at yours sm hahah xx
Read 17:00

---
Mason's eyes widened as he read the message from her, his left hand shooting up to tap Declan in a panic. "Did you tell her? Dec, what the fuck did you do?"

"I didn't do anything, what are you piping on about?"

Mason felt even more panicked than he had been previously, he questioned whether Declan had been telling the truth and he didn't say anything or whether he wasnt joking when he said he'd ask Florence himself on behalf of Mason. He knew that the whole situation would loom over him if he didn't do it soon, he'd drive himself mad otherwise. He knew what he had to do.