t e n

Florence shot up as the train came to a halt, stretching her arms and back. She had been cramped on a packed train from Euston to Liverpool Lime Street. A young teenager had recognised her from some social media posts and made small chatter with her asking questions about Mason, to which she felt uncomfortable answering but Florence was one who didn't like awkward situations and confrontation so she played along answering them as if she hadn't been ignoring his messages and calls for nearly a month. Although, she hated to admit it, she missed Mason terribly. She often found herself re-reading his messages to her and fought herself to not reply to him and just melt into a puddle at his feet.

"Have you travelled up to support money Mase then?" The boy asked, causing Florence to look up from her phone. She shook her head, a smile on her face.

"My dad would rather scran a denim jacket than see me wearing a Chelsea shirt." She joked to him. He responded with a small huff of air from his nose, a smile playing at his lips.

She grinned as she was met with her niece running over to her despite the crowded train station. Although she knew that Mason wouldn't be at the station, the sea of blue shirts made her anxious. "Come on Aunty Flossie, Grandad is waiting for us in the car!"

She took hold of her hand and they sprinted over to Mathilde's father. "Are you sure you'll be okay today, Florence?"

"Josh, you do not need to worry about me, it'll be fine. Can't change the fixtures or Dad's birthday, can I? Today is about Papa Martin not me!"

Her brother in law nodded, not wanting to press anymore. "James is very excited. He got Trent a thank you card and everything!"

"Bless him! I'm glad me and Trent were able to sort something out! I do owe him my left kidney now though!"

Mason shifted anxiously in his seat as Declan confirmed that Florence would in fact be at Anfield that day. The journey seemed longer than he anticipated, the uneasiness making his stomach churn. "You okay there, lad?" Reece asked, noticing the frown plastered on his friend's face.

"Brickin' it, bro!"

"Declan told you then, did he?" Ben questioned. "We promised Flossie we wouldn't say anything to you."

"No, Dec didn't say anything! I saw her story. I can't imagine what else she'd be doing in Liverpool today, especially on her dad's birthday!"

Mason couldn't shake the feeling of anxiousness off, he knew that she would make sure to avoid him at all costs, he wanted to ignore the nagging feeling of disappointment. Fucking up as badly as he did when it came to Florence did give him a weird desire to try and impress her by doing his job. He listened to music in an attempt to keep her off his mind.

"Red is your colour, Flossie Martin!" Trent cheesed.

"Tilly looks even better, look at you!" Florence picked her niece up, spinning her around, showing her off to her friend.

"Don't you look amazing, Tils!"

Trent waved his goodbyes to them, as the four were shown around by a grounds employee. James looked around in awe even though he had visited and watched matches at Anfield more times than he could list, especially after growing up in Walton. He never had the luxury of a behind the scenes tour. Flossie's heart grew warm watching her father's face light up as they progressed further into the stadium.

"There'll be no bloody birthday better than this. You are amazing, Flor! I will never be able to repay you or the kid!"
---

sasha <3
Today 18:41

do i take my contacts out so i
don't have to see him? xxx

You're so dramatic. You'll be
fine! Xxx