s e v e n t e e n

"He's good for you. He treats you good and he's not a cunt like Aidan." Aimee smiled, as she pulled the blanket over her. "I don't know how or why he's interested in you but it's good that he is. He makes you happy and I only want to see you happy, Flor. I actually think that man would die for you."

Florence smiled, Aimee was right. Mason did make her extremely happy, she often found herself wondering how her grieving process would've gone had she had Mason in her life at that point. Maybe everything would've been different but Florence knew one thing, that no matter the circumstances of when she met him or how she met him, she would've loved him the same.

"Cunt is a bit generous, he's pure scum." Kyle scoffed. "What sort of person breaks up with their girlfriend because she's sad that her mum and sister died? I'd kneecap him if I could."

"But, look on the bright side, if he wasn't such a wanker, our Flossie wouldn't be the least attractive England WAG."

Florence picked the cushion up from behind her and flung it at her friend who sat across from her. "Watch what you're saying, I'll sleep with your dad."

The four friends chatted away, with Kyle and Larissa taking every opportunity to tease their friend about her boyfriend. Florence had been in the kitchen making them all tea when she heard a phone ring followed by the group sat in their living room sing, in perfect synchronisation. "Hi babe! We miss you." Followed by Kyle's voice, in a sultry tone. "Missing that sexy body extra tonight. You should send me a pic." She ran out of the kitchen and straight into the living room, snatching the phone out of Kyle's hands. She could hear Mason laughing through the phone.

"Not me becoming the communal boyfriend."

She eyed every single person in the living room. "You virgins didn't make it half bait, did yous?" Rolling her eyes, as they laughed at her reactions. "I'm so sorry about them, babe."

"It's all good. How are you? You haven't messaged me today."

Florence sighed. "I'm sorry, I've been meaning to but I was swamped at work today, quite literally drowning in emails. I've been assigned a new brand client so I'm editing all of the stuff Dec and I filmed before you guys left for camp and now I've got to post some content for this new brand but they've literally given me zero prep and then before I even finished work Larissa and Adam were here at the flat so I've just been so distracted. I'm sorry, Mase!"

"Aw baby, I'm so sorry. It's shit, I can't do anything to help. Maybe, I'll send you that picture Kyle asked for." He joked. "Only a few more weeks and we'll be together again. It'll fly by!"

"Mhm. It will, especially after next week! Sash is surprising me and taking me somewhere! Thankful to be going on leave for a bit, I need a break! It's only monday and I'm already drained."

A shout from the living room reminded her of the task that kept her in the kitchen in the first place. "I was promised a cuppa."

"I'm sure wherever you and Sasha are going will be amazing." He smirked slightly, instantly wiping it off, not wanting to make his girlfriend suspicious, forgetting that she couldn't see him. "I wish you could've come to the games. Would be nice to have you there with my family, ya know! Jaz has been dying to meet you!"

She pushed the button down on the kettle and leant against the counter that her phone lay atop. "It's weird that I still haven't met her, it's been nearly 8 months of ... how do I word this politely?? Us shagging!"

Mason let out a laugh, as he lay on his bed, looking at the stuffed penguin he had stolen from her bed. "She's never free when we see mum and dad! We'll have to sort something when I'm on break though!"