Silly Crush (Part One!) | Grumbo (Grian x Mumbo Jumbo)

(A/N: Grumbo Oneshot that no one asked for?)

TW: Mentions of Burning

It was a normal day in Hermit craft. The key word being was. It was all the same until Mumbo Jumbo dropped a Redstone torch onto the back of his left hand. He winced at the burn it left, realizing that he probably needed to get it fixed up. The problem?

He knew nothing about how to treat a burn.

So he decided to go to Grian.

The thought of the other hermit made his cheeks get just a little pink.

It's not like Mumbo liked Grian or anything!

Ok, maybe he liked Grian a tiny bit.

Ok, a lot.

But he knew he couldn't tell him. Grian was his best friend, for goodness' sake! Not only would it make things incredibly awkward, but it would ruin their friendship.

That meant no more pranks, no more randomly popping up at each other's bases for no apparent reason. No more of Grian's light laugh that made Mumbo feel like he was going to throw up, but in a good way. No more of that cute smile that he felt like he could get high off of, like a drug.

Grian was an addiction. Something he wanted so badly, but was just out of reach. Something that every time he got a little bit of, he wanted more.

And before he knew it, he was at Grian's house.

Time sure does fly, when you're thinking about people you love.

Lightly knocking on the door, he adjusted his tie with his other hand, waiting for the other British man to answer. The door opened, and a strawberry-blonde brit greeted him with a goofy smile.

"Mumbolio Jumbolio! What brings you here?" Grian asked. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, I burned my hand with a Redstone torch, and I don't really know how to treat the wound so I was wondering if you did?" he asked his face light pink from embarrassment.

"Of course, I can! Now come inside, I need to get some water over that burn of yours," Grian insisted, gesturing to Mumbo to come in. The redstoner obliged Grian's silent request, marveling at that house he had been through so many times.

Grian's way with building never ceased to amaze him, no matter how many times he had seen it. The small, detailed patterns on the stone and wood were incredibly unique, and though most looked them over as small nooks and crannies engraved into the walls of the owner's house, Mumbo saw them as masterpieces.

Oh, how Mumbo wished so deeply that Grian could be his. That he could wake up every morning with the smaller man by his side, and go to sleep spooning him from the back--

"Mumbo, you good buddy? You zoned out on me for a second," the strawberry-blonde asked, waving his hand in front of Mumbo Jumbo's face as he brought him out of his daydreams and back to reality. He shook his head for a split second before he realized what Grian had said.

Nodding nervously he felt a small blush creep onto his cheeks. "Mhm, I'm good, I just got lost in my train of thought for a good moment," he responded. Grian nodded in understanding, turning the faucet of his sink on.

"Now, you need to put your hand under this cold water for about a minute. Then I'll wrap your wound up in a gauze bandage. Understood?" Grian asked. Mumbo nodded. "You'll need to visit me in about a week, though I hope I'll see you before that," Grian stated, his face slightly flushed, though Mumbo was too much of a spoon to notice the more petite man's reaction.

Grian left the room, going to get a gauze bandage. After the right amount of time for him to keep his hand under the faucet, he pulled it out, turning the sink off before turning to Grian, who had returned with a white cloth. The avian gently grabbed Mumbo's hand, wrapping the fabric around his wound.

"Alright, I'll see you around then!" Mumbo stated, but felt a hand grab his. "Wait." He turned to his avian friend, who looked like he had forgotten something. Grian took Mumbo's injured hand, and held the burned bit up to his face, before giving it a short kiss.

Immediately, Mumbo's face got as red as his tie. "W-what the heck was th-that supposed to be?" he asked, too flustered to speak. Grian let out a small giggle, only making Mumbo's stomach do more summersaults. "My mother taught me that kissing a wound makes it better."

Mumbo let out a nervous chuckle, knowing darn good and well that Grian probably noticed his blush. "O-oh, well, that's nice. It feels better already," Mumbo laughed. What he didn't know, however, was that Grian had noticed his friend's blush, and felt happy because of it. Grian, in fact, did have reciprocated feelings for his redstoner friend.

He felt his head rate start to quicken, and knew that if he stayed much longer, his heart might burst from embarrassment due to his silly little high school-like crush.

"W-well, better get going. For real this time," he said, heading for the door as he felt the flush on his face start to fade. " Bye Mumbo! " Grian exclaimed, waving. "Goodbye, Grian!" he answered back, throwing one last look at the man he loved before setting off.

His crush on Grian was getting worse by the day. If he didn't do something about it soon he didn't know what he'd do. He needed advice. But from who?

Normally when getting advice, he would go to Grian, but he couldn't really do that in this case. It would be a funny scene to see play out; "Hey, Grian! I'm hopelessly in love with you and don't know what to do about it! Any advice?"

Now, there was always the option to tell the other Brit that he had a crush on someone, and not tell him who. But since they were such close friends, Grian would immediately get suspicious as to why Mumbo wasn't telling him. Which would probably make him guess that Mumbo's crush was, in fact, him.

There was also the fact that Grian would whine and pout for hours on end until Mumbo spilled the secret. There were so many scenarios that played out in his mind, and almost all of them were bad ones. He internally crossed Grian off his mental checklist.

Scar? No, Scar wouldn't work. I mean, don't get Mumbo wrong, Scar's a great guy and all, but he knew the man was a pretty good friend of Grian's. He also knew that Scar wasn't the best at keeping secrets. So telling Scar? Was also off-limits.

And Cub told Scar everything, which meant the Pharoah, otherwise known as Scar's boyfriend, Cub, was off the list as well.

As he walked, he rubbed his temples in frustration, trying to think of someone he could go to for advice for whom he was close to and could trust.

Wait.

Iskall!

Why hadn't he thought of it before?! Iskall and Ren had been together for quite a while, so getting advice from one of his best friends would be simple.

He took out his elytra, blasting rockets as he flew towards Iskall and Ren's conjoined base.

He was going to deal with this silly crush.

Or, at least try.

MCYT Oneshots (Discontinued)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara