Scarlett was overwhelmed. She heard snipping begin.

"How short?"

"Not too short," she snapped before sighing. "Sorry."

Rick crouched in front of Scarlett, kissing her knuckles. "I'll go with you to the appointment. Make sure the new ass-kicker is okay. You should be due soon. This'll be good for us... bein' here when it's born."

Jessie hummed. "I agree." She snipped some more. "I have two boys. Ron and Sam. Ron is around Carl's age. Is it okay if I introduce them?"

Scarlett nodded. "Yeah, yeah. That's... that's fine."

"I'm sorry if I'm stressing you out," Jessie mumbled as she brushed through Scarlett's hair. "Pete tells me I ramble when I'm nervous."

Scarlett pulled away, turning to face her. "Why are you nervous?"

"You're very intimidating," Jessie admitted. "Even wearing fuzzy slippers. I saw you come in."

Scarlett hummed but did not respond as she turned back to Rick. They sat in silence while Jessie finished. When she did, she placed a hand on Scarlett's shoulder, letting her know that she was there if Scarlett needed anything with the baby. She smiled politely at Rick before gathering her things and leaving. Carl had come downstairs as she left.

He looked at Scarlett with a smirk. "Hey, you're finally looking like a girl again."

"Carl Grimes," Scarlett threatened, standing shakily with a grin on her lips. "I'd try and hit you, but you'd run away. I'm too fat to catch up."

Rick and Carl fell into fits of laughter at her words. Rick leaned down to kiss her, and Scarlett gasped, shoving him away. "It's like kissing a new man. I need a moment to process the fact that we all don't stink."

Carl rolled his eyes, walking toward her. He hugged her out of nowhere. She took the hug, resting her chin on his shoulder. "I'm okay. We're going to make this work. I just need to get used to living again... not surviving."

"Not too much," Carl warned, backing away just as the door opened as the others began to trickle inside. "We can't get weak."

"We won't," Scarlett promised.

Rick told the others they were sleeping all together that night. They had to be sure they were safe. They did not have their guns since they were told to leave them in the armory, so they only had what had really. Knives and a sword... that's it.

Daryl snorted a laugh when he walked inside last. He got a good look at Scarlett. "Christ, the fuzzy slippers, Red?"

She pouted, crossing her arms. "They are comfy, thank you very much!"

"They're cute," Tara promised, trying to keep the pregnant woman happy. "Okay, dibs on the shower upstairs!"

Noah tried to beat her to it. Scarlett smiled at their laughter. The others dispersed around to the other showers. Some went next door to shower as they wanted to get clean finally. At the end of the night, though, they all found each other in the living area of the first house.

Scarlett wore leggings and a large t-shirt. She was cuddled up next to Tara as Rosita tried to braid Scarlett's freshly cut hair. Carl and Sophia were in their own corner, but in the sights of Carol and Scarlett who gave them looks. Daryl stayed by the window as if he was on watch.

Michonne came out of the shower, having been in their last. She laughed at the scene in front of her. They were a crazy group, but they were family.

A knock on the door had everyone freezing.

Rick walked over carefully, on his toes as if approaching a predator. He opened the door, relaxing a bit when he saw Deanna.

"Rick, I—" she paused, looking over Rick's face with a mocking gasp. "Wow. I didn't know what was under there." Rick grinned, looking annoyed but in a teasing way as she messed with him.

Deanna laughed. "Listen, I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling," she said before taking notice of every single member of Rick's group in the living area. Scarlett had sat up, her blanket falling revealing her clothed bump. She rubbed it softly, feeling kicks from the baby.

"Oh, my. Staying together. Smart."

Rick looked at her suspiciously. "No one said we couldn't."

"You said you're a family. That's what you said," Deanna said. "That's what Scarlett said. Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Don't you think?"

"Everybody said you gave them jobs," Rick said, reminding Scarlett that she was jobless. She frowned, wondering if what she said was too harsh and now she was getting kicked out.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah. Part of this place. Looks like the communists won after all," Deanna joked.

"Well, you didn't give me one," Rick commented.

"I have. I just haven't told you yet. Same with Michonne," Deanna said with a smirk. "I'm closing in on something for Sasha. And I'm just trying to figure Mr. Dixon out, but I will. Scarlett, I figured you needed the rest right now with the baby coming. That's your job for now, keeping the baby alive and healthy. When you get better after the birth, we'll talk of a permanent job."

Scarlett felt herself sighing in relief. She nodded.

"You look good," Deanna said to Rick, teasing him again.

Rick nodded in thanks before gesturing out the door. "If this is how you're saying it is... then this is what we wanted. We're ready for this."

"All of you?"

Rick bit his lip, nodding. "All of us."