Twenty

Sasuke doesn’t talk to me and I don’t talk to him. He seems awkward around me like he doesn’t feel like he can talk to me. I don’t talk to him because I’m getting frustrated at what he’s doing. 

He argues with everyone now. He hasn’t told Naruto about his curse mark and has forced Sakura to not tell Naruto. 

I don’t care to waste my time trying to explain it to him either. I stir up the fire we made while I wait for Sasuke and Naruto to return with the fish. Sakura gathers sticks to feed the fire but I think it’s a bad idea. 

We shouldn’t have made a fire, it’ll attract every person in the forest not to mention monsters. 

I don’t say anything though since they all agreed on making it. 

Sakura returns and looks at me. “How are your arms?” She asks. 

I don’t look away from the fire but nod “They’re fine” 

She frowns “Are you sure?’ She asks. 

Suddenly something touches my arm and I jerk away. 

She stares at me with wide eyes and hand out. I now realize that she tried inspecting my arm. 

I mumble a sorry but don’t look at her. 

Out of the corner of my eye I can see her trying to reach for my arm to check again. 

I don’t want her to though. It’s not for her to check. 

I inhale sharply and get up. “Naruto, how many did you get?” I ask looking where Sasuke and Naruto are just barely turning the corner. 

Sakura frowns but looks at them. 

“Four!” Naruto says excitedly. 

We cook them and talk about the test. 

“It’s the fourth day,” Sakura says. “If we don’t get a heaven’s scroll soon we’ll fail” 

“I know, we need to stop resting and start actually fighting,” Sasuke says. 

I don’t say anything because I’m honestly too annoyed to say anything. 

It could be the pain in my arm where Sasuke stabbed me or it could just be that I’m frustrated at how Sasuke won’t talk to me or take in my suggestions. 

I don’t like how Sasuke is acting like the leader. He’s doing a terrible job at it. 

“What do you think, Hadeki?” Sakura asks. 

I glance at her then turn my head to her and the others who are looking at me. 

I pull my fish away from the fire to cool as I say “We should head for the tower” 

“What? Why?” Naruto asks. “We don’t have the scrolls yet” 

“Yeah, and we don’t know where it is” Sakura says. 

I raised an eyebrow at her “What was your solution before when we did get two scrolls? Just hope we would teleport there?” I sigh and look up at teh sky. “I’m saying that if we go there, more people will also be going there. I’m sure some have heaven’s scrolls. They’ll be waiting for someone to come along so I’m sure we could jump one of them as a last result” I put an elbow on my knee and hold my head with my hand. 

Sasuke scowls. “Yeah and like that’s gonna work” He says. 

My eyes land on him and all I can think of is how ugly he is. His nose in the air and his inflated head was getting annoying.