11

At first you ignored the sound of the chimes but as they grew louder you could feel the man's grip tighten as if he didn't want you to hear them. Each chime echoed loudly and just like that, you knew who you were dancing with.

His grip was so tight it made your skin burn from how he tried pulling you towards him.

"You- Why are you doing this to me?"

He opened his mouth to respond, yet his voice caught in his throat. Jareth tried his hardest to speak,to find just the right words to soothe you back into a tranquil state. This hadn't ever happened to him before. He was always quick with witty remarks, he was a cruel,and cold man. Even with Sarah he never was desperate to keep her with him until he was about to lose her. Yet here you stood in front of him still in the labyrinth and he didn't want to let go.

Fear gripped him as he couldn't let you go. His fingers felt callused and cold, the warmth and tender touch had left and gone away.

He saw your urge to run away and finally words had come out.

"Please don't go."

His grip loosened as he plead with you hoping that you would somehow understand that everything he had done since you stepped into the Labyrinth was entirely for you. Yet you didn't. You had yanked yourself back harshly. His nail getting caught
on your dress/tux ripping a seam. You wanted to stay but the feeling of needing to get out of here was intense.

Quickly you made a sharp turn and ran. The ballroom had fallen silent. The room no longer seemed lively. Everyone was focused on you,staring at you as you ran looking for some way out. The never reached out to grab at you or made a comment at all. It was almost as if they knew you could never leave this place. You glanced back to see Jareth still standing in place still in the position when he had you in his grasp, his arm out and reaching towards you

The further you ran the smaller he became. It seemed like you were drowning. Suffocating in what seemed to be a never ending room. The further you sank into the water the less noise you would hear. At this moment you had no idea how deep you truly were.

You had no way of knowing where you were going yet your feet wouldn't stop. You couldn't find the giant walls of mirrors, you didn't want to forget again. Yet as you made your way through the now never ending sea of guests you began to forget what you looked like...

The pace you had set began turning into a walk. You don't even recall your name now that you really thought about it. The pressure on your chest started to creep its way back, you began to wonder why you were even running.

Jareth simply made his way across the ballroom cutting through the crowd as they parted making way for thier king. He brought them into existence for you.  He finally had somebody who made him feel something, he learned from his mistake last time. You wouldn't get out of here unless he wanted to let you go.

You grasped your chest as it began to hurt to even breathe. You wanted to ask for help from others around you but everytime you wanted to say something it felt like something was in your throat blocking your words.

A warm and gentle hand was placed on your shoulder. Another on your hip using this to spin you around there he stood once more.

"What's wrong? You seem a little misplaced."

Something about him felt so wrong yet so right. You quickly accepted his hand and he once more lead you into the center of it all.

"You know I do all of this purely for you."

You nodded smiling and looking into his eyes.
"I know"

His smile slowly faded as Jareth began to realize the sparkle in your eyes was gone. You simply weren't all there anymore. He wondered where it went. The glow of wonder when you first stepped into the labyrinth,or the way they glistened on the edge of tears when he first took your brother,the way your eyebrows furrowed when you were angry. Yet there was something so distinct and wonderful about that. But right now it wasn't there.

Is he doing something wrong? Is this not what you want? You spent years in your room desperate for a fairytale adventure. You simply wanted to waltz all night the way the characters in your books did. Never having to worry what they would do with thier lives, or what they looked like. Everything in your books were perfect and you wanted that more then anything else.

He finally had you, but he didn't at the same time. Right now it felt as if he was dancing with one of the many guests he created. There was nothing there. Your memories of where you were or how you got here, or even of who he was were all locked away in the back of your mind.

There was no you without those. Suddenly Jareth found himself conflicted, keep you here forever and never have to lose you,you wouldn't be like Sarah and pick a child over him if he kept you in this never ending dance, or he could let you go and let you live,speak with that angry passion you had.

He held onto you hand a bit tighter feeling the lines on your hands. He knew what he had to do.

I have not uploaded anything in so long😭 This chapter is shorter then my other ones. The ballroom scene is three parts long (the last chapter,this one and the next chapter then the story will continue. I will upload more sooon 😍