5

As you two walked Hoggle opened up and began talking about his previous adventure with other runners.
"But you (Y/N). You are nothing like Sarah."

"Why do you keep brining up sarah anyways? Who is she and why is she relevant to me?"

"Oh she was very special to the Goblin king. She was not like the other runners she was more curious and more determined and well he fell for her. He offered her everything and she still said no"

"Jeez. She must have been stronger then me if a man ever offered me everything I would have folded so fast"

Hoggle looked puzzled for a moment not understanding what you meant by folded. The way humans talked just got stranger as time went on. It wasn't long before you reached a new obstacle blocking your path. A large chest board with the pieces actually moving and talking on thier own. You were in awe everything you had ever dreamed about was here. Sadly there was really no time to stay and watch such a treasure as this.

"Excuse me. Me and my friend Hoggle here are trying to get to the center of the labyrinth and we were wondering if you knew the way."

A wooden chess piece turned to you and smiled. It was smaller than all the other pieces and had the figure of a little boy. No doubt in your mind this was the pawn.
"Why it's very simple all you have to do i-"
There was a loud bang and the boy flew across the chess board and lay on the ground motionless as another pawn took his spot. This piece had a more shiny white plastic look. You were about to run over when Hoggle held your arm preventing you from doing so
"Its only a game (Y/N) I'm sure he will be fine"

You nodded and once again asked your question but the same thing happened. Pieces were getting knocked off the board left and right. You might as well have walked through them if they would just stop for a second.

Jareth sat in his throne watching you through the crystal ball. There wasn't a chance you would figure this out. Even if you did he could always just throw fireys in your direction. But then there was little annoying Hoggle always itching to help the poor runners ever since Sarah had come along to ruin everything. Though he wasn't worried it had been years and years since anybody had won the labyrinth. So what was the harm in letting Hoggle tag along with you for now.

He stood up and walked over to the window trying to catch a glimpse of you from afar. He convinced himself that he was just checking to see how far you were from the castle. Though he wanted to see how far you were so he could have a chance to reappear once agian without seeming desprate. He liked your interactions unlike sarah you actually stood up to him you talked back. You didn't have a script. You were much more honest. If he could he could sit and talk with you and you wouldn't just tell him what you wanted to hear. It was something he hadn't felt in a long time.

Though he wasn't about to let himself down this road again. He was going to stop you from ever reaching the castle even if it meant death. You were simply another pawn in his twisted game where he withheld something you loved dearly and that was all. You will never be nothing more to him.

Once the match was over you and hoggle ran across before another match started. The only thing that was good for was making sure you wasted your time. You began to realize that everything here was similar to what in your bedroom. The chess board, the spider being a old halloween decoration that you thought was pretty neat,you even had a wooden labyrinth toy where the objective was to get a tiny metal marble to the center. If you were correct you must think about what could potentially be in store. Operation? No you doubted it. Hoggle looked over at you and noticed you were lost in thought.

"(Y/N) if I may I would like to show you the way to where my friends ludo and sir didymus live. They were of great help to me and my friend Sarah and Im sure they would be of great help to you too."

Hoggle's voice helped snap you back into reality. You looked down and nodded. The more help you could get was great and very much needed.
"I think that would be wonderful Hoggle but please tell me they don't live to far away"

"No no not at all. Why they live rather close we just need to make a couple of turns and were there."

You blindly trusted Hoggle. Even though it had been 5 hours since you two met he was already a better friend then most people. Why shouldn't you trust him. You followed him as he lead you through the tall bushes into an area that stunk worse then anything on planet earth how could anybody live here? There you saw a bog the water or at least what you thought was water looked thick and brown. Hoggle quickly turned to face you.

"One last thing before we head on through. Mind your step if you even touch the bog with a single finger you will stink horribly for the rest of your life."

You quickly nodded you didn't even plan too in the first place. You focused more on your feet when you walked rather then up ahead. You two crossed a bridge where at the very end of the bog there were two huts one was unbelievably big and the other was rather small. Hoggle walked right up to them knocking on both. You heard barking then a rather old timey voice telling the dog to pipe down. Suddenly the door was opened and a small squirrel mixed with dog and fox looking creature stepped out
"Why if it isn't sir Hoggle. What brings you here my good fellow"

The other door opened and a tall hairy beast stepped out though he was rather adorable. He looked down at Hoggle as well. Though Hoggle directed attention over to you by turing to look at you.

"Well how would you two feel about another adventure?"

Hey yall so this will probably be the last chapter of the week. I have finals I got to study for. Also thank you for all the stars and comments. They really help me out and encourage me to keep writing. Thank you all I will be back soon❤