𝟎𝟏𝟐 Aftershock

Start from the beginning

William's eyes widen, "Shit, Emerson. I had no idea—I'm so—"

"Yeah, you're sorry." Emery picks up the box. "I've heard it all before." She lightly pushes him out of the way and opens the door. William drops the shirt to the ground and follows after Emery.

"Emery, please, let's talk."

"There really isn't anything to talk about." Emery speed walks down the hall and her stomach tightens with rage. "Go to work, Will."

Emery gets to the door of the complex and leaves the building. William continues to call out to her, but Emery's rage continues to grow. Emery gets closer to her car, but she quickly drops the box and turns to William with tears in her eyes.

"I know we had issues." Emery presses her hands together. William closes her mouth and swallows. "But, I don't understand why you didn't fight for us. I was...I was trying—"

"You didn't want to be with me, Em." William says. "No matter how much you cared about me and wanted to make us work...I knew it had to end."

"You thought that this would be better?" Emery snaps. "Cheating on me—"

"Emerson, I love you, okay?" William gently grabs her hands. Emery shakes his head and the thoughts she's been keeping down this entire relationship start to come out.

"Well, I don't love you." Emery's voice starts to shake.

"Wh-what? Emery—"

"I'm serious, William." She softly shoved him back. "Believe me, I have tried but I...I couldn't."

Emery knits her brows together when she sees the distraught look across William's face. "I'm sorry, William. But, deep down, you knew I didn't..." she looks off to the side and sniffles. Emery grabs the box and picks it up. "I am really sorry, Will. And I wish you the best."

William keeps his shaking eyes on Emery's. He wanted to say so much more to her. But he knew that nothing would matter. William and Emery were done. And he had to let her go. Emery needed him to let her go.

"Y-Yeah...I wish you the best too, Em."

William walks away from the girl and Emery watches as he goes back into the building. She looks to the side and scoffs. "I'm so fucking stupid..."

She tosses her box into her car and gets in.

"Oh, thank god."

Hen, Chimney, and Bobby watch as the girl makes her way over to the table. "Food, I need food." Emery grabs a plate.

"You always need food." Hen comments.

Emery rounds the counter and stands beside Bobby. She frowns, "Food is one of the seven wonders in this world." she then points at herself. "At least it's one of my seven wonders."

Bobby places an omelet on her plate and Emery smiles.

"You ever feel like you missed your calling, Cap?" Chimney asks.

Emery sits beside Chim and starts to eat.

"What are you thinking? Michelin-rated restaurant or short order cook?"

"I was thinking TV chef." Chimney voices. Emery hums and points at Chimney agreeing.

"I mean, what you do, it's like performance art." Chimney states.