What Only Songs Can Express Part 2 (Brother)

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for taking a while again but it didn't take as long as last time so progress! Anyway, I finished the chapter and there's a small description of a slightly disturbing (it's not graphic!!) nightmare Magnus had and him almost losing his cool in regards to his issues so tread with caution for those who are unease about that but for those who think they can handle it, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Previously on The Rockstar and the Songwriter . . .

Magnus prepares Alec for his first concert of performing on his own in his sweet, unique way while Alec freaks out about the concert in a Alec-like manner and silently worries about Magnus' suddenly new shy tendencies when it comes to him.

Now onto the story!

"You nervous?"

I jumped and whirled around to see Magnus standing calmly behind me, a small concerned smile on his face.

I let out a shaky chuckle and sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck. "Is it that obvious?" I asked with a bit of a nervous smile.

Magnus shrugged and walked forward, the concern smile still in place. "Just a little." He admitted, stopping in front of me.

I softly groaned as I slumped a bit, looking down at the ground as my hand dropped to my side.

"You'll be fine." Magnus gently assured.

I lightly scoffed, disbelieving. "Yeah, easy for you to say. You're not the one going out there."

"No, I'm not." Magnus admitted honestly then suddenly I felt a hand go under my chin and carefully lifted my head up until I was looking back at him. "But I'll definitely be right here for you." He added, smiling brightly.

I gazed into his eyes and sighed, giving in as the corner of my mouth quirked upwards. "You know it's not fair when you go all sappy on me, right?"

"Oh, said by the boy wrote a love song for me and sang many love song covers while at it." Magnus laughed, raising his eyebrow a bit as if to dare me to prove him wrong.

And I couldn't as I ducked my head a little to hide my blushing face.

Magnus hummed in satisfaction. "Thought so." He said, a smile most evident in his voice.

"Oh shush." I said, looking back at him, blushing be damned as I witnessed his gleeful smile.

Magnus giggled and leaned close to me, gently pressing his forehead against mine, slowly closing his eyes in content as he breathed. His breaths coming in and out peacefully. I softly smiled and quietly watched him, silently taking ahold of his hand and held it in my own.

Despite it only being a few hours, Magnus is doing a lot more better than he was this morning. He's more himself now. I mean, there's still these moments where he seems . . . off but they don't last very long. It proves he was being serious when he said he was gonna try to do better and it makes me proud. And relieved. I'll always . . . care for Magnus no matter what's going on with him but . . . I don't think I could live with myself by not being help to him the way he needs me to. Though I should have figured Magnus wouldn't want me to help him. He's his own savior no matter what he says about himself. The only thing he needs from me is to be there, by his side and if that's what he wants then I sure as hell will do everything in my power to be there to do that for him.

"You know what to do?" Magnus asked quietly, snapping me out of my thoughts as he slowly opened his eyes, looking at me with his golden-green gaze.

I took a shaky breath and nodded, instinctively squeezing his hand in distress.