Halloween

A/N: Hey guys, sorry about not updating in a while. This was originally supposed to be a Halloween bonus chapter posted on the Monday after Halloween but that didn't happen so 🤷🏻‍♀️ But this is still a Halloween bonus chapter update despite it being a late one and I hope you guys enjoy it!

Five years ago

"Alec, go check if your siblings are ready for bed!" Maryse called out from the kitchen, cleaning up dinner.

I sighed, pausing my tickle torture on Max who was grinning and panting in my arms. "Why do I have to?" I called back, slightly annoyed.

"Because you're their big brother, now do it!" Robert commanded from the kitchen as well, helping Maryse with the cleanup.

I rolled my eyes, sighing again as I looked down at Max. "Maxie, when you're older and have kids, do me a favor: never use the 'because you're the oldest' excuse on them, okay?"

Max looked up and smiled mischievously at me and I knew I had my answer, giving him one last tickle torture — making him shriek with laughter — before putting him on the couch and going up the stairs, heading to my siblings' rooms.

"Hey Jacey, you ready for bed . . .?" I faltered as I turned the corner, finding his room completely empty. "Jace?"

No answer.

"Izzy?" I quickly ran to her room, hoping both of them are in there but that immediately got extinguished when I saw that her room was empty as well. "Shit." I went inside her room and started looking around for any clue as to where she and Jace might be. Knowing my younger siblings, they're most likely up to something that they shouldn't be doing.

I sighed in distressed, running my hand through my hair. Nothing. There's nothing in here. I was about to walk out when I noticed that there was something missing from Izzy's room: her Scarlet Witch costume. Getting a hunch, I quickly went back to Jace's room and took a look in it and noticed that his Captain America costume was nowhere in sight. We came back from trick or treating a little over an hour ago, why would they still have their costumes on . . .

Suddenly the realization came to me and I immediately dove to my room, cursing under my breath. "I'm so gonna kill them. When I find them, I'm gonna kill them." I said as I pulled my jacket on.

"Alec, are Isabelle and Jace out of their costumes?" Maryse asked.

I froze in my tracks, remembering about that. If my parents find out that Jace and Izzy aren't in their rooms, they're gonna panic and think that they're missing, probably going to scold me for not keeping a better eye on them.

"Yeah, Mom!" I said, grimacing as I lied. "They're just trading their candy before they go to bed!"

"All right! Don't take too long kids!"

"They won't Mom!" I said, silently groaning.

I went over to my window, opening it and was about to climb out of it when I heard movement outside my door and quickly turned around, thinking it was my parents only to sign in relief when I saw that it was just Max. Max was hiding halfway behind the doorframe, his lightning bucket at his side as he looked at me with wide eyes. It took me a second to realize why he was looking at me like that then smacked myself in the face, pissed at myself.

Max wanted to trade candy.

"Hey Maxie, come here." I said softly, stepping away from the window and kneeling down so I was at his height.

Max shuffled forward and stopped a foot away from me, looking sad.

"You're leaving." He said.

"No, Max, I'm not." I quickly reassured him.