Chapter 4

Jungkook drove them out of the city and past the suburbs to an isolated area. No one really talked again and the silence is stifling. Jimin began to wonder if they saved him just to kill him themselves.

"How far is home?" he wondered aloud. He wanted to yell at them to let him out of the truck. That he can walk home. But they don't seem the type to just let him go that easily.

"We're close," Yoongi replied.

After a few more minutes, they turned down a small drive that cut through the woods. There were small lanterns along the drive. Jimin briefly thought about how beautiful it is but nerves were taking over his thoughts. What questions do they have? What if I don't have answers?

Jimin's breath hitched as they made the final curve to arrive at the brothers house - mansion? The home is large and beautiful with a cream exterior accented by wood and stone. A lighted stone pathway leads to the front door. 

"This is your house?" he asked as his eyes wandered over everything. 

"Do we look poor to you?" Yoongi retorted with an offended expression. 

"No! Of course not. But this isn't not poor. This is rich." 

Yoongi chuckled as he climbed out of the truck before turning back to help Jimin out.

"Let's go."

The inside of the house is just as beautiful as the outside - light and bright finishes with vaulted ceilings. Dark wood flooring throughout gives warmth to the rooms.

"Are you hungry?" Yoongi asked as he led them toward the kitchen.

"Just thirsty."

"Water or whiskey?"

"Both...please."

Yoongi pulled two shot glasses and a bottle out of a cabinet before grabbing a bottled water from the fridge.

"Have a seat," he said while gesturing to the bar stools. "Help yourself. I'll be right back," he added as he sat everything in front of Jimin.

*******

A few minutes, and several shots, later Yoongi came back to the kitchen and sat on the bar stool next to Jimin. He poured himself a shot, downed it, and poured another before speaking.

"Jungkook will be here soon. Then we can talk. Are you feeling ok?"

"My throat hurts a lot. My body's a little sore but not too bad."

"That was some of the craziest shit I've ever seen. And I see crazy regularly."

"O yeah? What do you do?"

"Uhhm...I'm sort of a... hunter."

Jimin's eyes widened a little and he looked at his surroundings. "A hunter? Nice house for a hunter."

"We're entrepreneurs too...well one of us is."

"Must be Jungkook, right?" Jimin asked teasingly. Yoongi thought again how beautiful his smile is - his eyes become little moons if it's big enough.

"Ha.Ha.Ha. You didn't tell me you're a comedian."

"You just bring it out of me," Jimin giggled.

"Are ya'll talking about me?" Jungkook asked as he walked up with a bottle of water.

"Just guessing that you're the smart brother," Jimin replied while grinning at Yoongi.

"You would be right about that," Kookie teased with him. "Ready?" he asked Yoongi who nodded in return.

Yoongi slid off the bar stool and motioned for Jimin to follow them. The three went into the living room and took seats - Jungkook and Yoongi on the couch facing Jimin in an armchair.

Jimin's nerves have manifested into sweaty palms and forehead. He gulps and reminds himself to breathe. He's the victim.  

"Can you tell us what happened tonight?" Yoongi asked.

Jimin closes his eyes as he thinks back on the earlier events. "I don't know. I was attacked by...something evil. He had black eyes." Jimin opened his eyes and looked at Yoongi in fear. "What kind of person has black eyes?!"

Jungkook and Yoongi glanced at each other but didn't answer his question. "Why did he attack you?" Yoongi continued his questioning.

"I keep wondering that. I saw him in the club and he hit on me but he's...not my type," Jimin finished quietly as he briefly glanced at Yoongi. "But that shouldn't be enough to hurt me like he did."

"You've never seen him before tonight?"

Jimin shook his head. "Not that I remember."

Yoongi sighed as he continued analyzing Jimin. "Look. That thing that attacked you is a demon. Like from hell."

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise. "Why..."

Yoongi continued as if Jimin didn't even start talking. "They don't usually attack people over getting rejected at a night club."

Jimin laughed to keep from crying. "What do you want me to say? I don't KNOW why he attacked me! You left and I had no reason to stay so I left too. I guess he followed me out. You said he's a demon right?! Does he even need a reason to hurt people?"

"Remember when I said I'm a hunter? I don't hunt deer. This is what I do. Demons don't risk getting caught by us just because of a stupid rejection."

Jimin buried his face in his hands as he began to cry quietly. Jungkook looked at Yoongi angrily.

"Jimin, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be a dick. His behavior just doesn't make sense to me. And the last thing we need is demons acting outside of their normal behavior."

"I just don't know how you expect me to explain being attacked by a demon. If it doesn't make sense to you when you deal with this stuff all the time, imagine how I feel," he replied through his tears.

Yoongi stood up and went to sit by Jimin before pulling him into a hug. "You're right. I'm sorry Jiminie. I just wanted to understand what happened. But it sounds like it can't be understood tonight." He took a breath. "Do you want to stay here tonight? I think it's best until we know more."

Jimin nodded and Yoongi stood up. "I'll show you to your room. You can take a shower there. I'll bring some clothes too."

*********

A few minutes later, Yoongi returned to the living room where Jungkook was still sitting.

"What do you think?" he asked his little brother.

"I think he's scared. And he should be."

"Do you think he's telling the truth?"

"Hard to tell. He seemed genuine. He also knows you have a thing for him. I would be careful Yoongi. Just until we know who that was."

"Don't worry Kookie. I can handle myself."