Missing Each Other!!

Start from the beginning

However, not receiving a response from him for quite some time made her wonder if he really was.

Sir.....will it be okay if we look into the proposal before you sign the deal?

Mrs. Malhotra asked to gain Anuj's attention but Anuj was lost somewhere else.

Sir?

She intervened again, gently knocking on the conference table bringing Anuj out of his thoughts.

Anuj:- Sorry Mrs. Malhotra....my mind is preoccupied with something else today. Moreover I have to leave for an event in a few minutes. So can we discuss this later?

He apologized taking off his glasses and rubbing his temples in stress.

Mrs. Malhotra:- Sure sir........this proposal can wait but there is something about the MG Group case that I urgently needed to discuss with you and it can't wait.

She said and Anuj's ears straightened hearing the name.

Anuj:- What about it?

He inquired looking at her and she took a gulp before answering him.

Mrs. Malhotra:- Sorry to inform you this late sir but we can't find enough evidence to prove that those bids were leaked to the MG Group.

She replied hesitantly and Anuj was shocked hearing this.

Anuj:- What do you mean we don't have enough proof ?.....You just told me a week ago that we have enough to prove Mr. and Mrs. Shah are the culprit in the case.

He questioned fearing that the video and witnesses weren't enough to convict Vanraj and Kavya but she instantly cleared it up that it wasn't the case.

Mrs. Malhotra:- Yes sir.....I did because we do have enough to prove that Mr. and Mrs. Shah stole those bids but we don't have enough proof that they leaked them to the MG Group.

She replied but Anuj was still confused.

Anuj:- Meaning?

He asked perplexed.

Mrs. Malhotra:- Meaning.....that we can't establish any link between Mr. & Mrs. Shah and the MG Group.

She answered and went on to explain the entire situation.

Mrs. Malhotra:- We can't find the person from the MG Group to whom they both leaked those bids. There isn't any record of them making a call to any employee or any person remotely connected to the MG Group and neither is there any kind of bank or property transaction that can be traced back to someone from the company. We have looked everywhere but we can't find anything.

She added and Anuj finally realised that it was more about the MG Group than Vanraj and Kavya.

Anuj:- So you are basically saying that without that link, we can't prove that MG Group committed fraud when they bid for the tender of that government project ?

He tried to confirm if what he was thinking was right.

Mrs. Malhotra:- Not only we can't prove that but also the tender of the government project which has been put on hold due to this case against the MG Group will go to them and we won't be able to do anything about it.

She informed Anuj leaving him in a bit of a pickle.

Anuj:- So what do you suggest?....I assume you have a plan to stop this.

He asked assuming that she had a solution and to his relief she did.

Mrs. Malhotra:- Yes sir we do. We just need your approval to go ahead.