8

Another hot day at work. Sundays - the resteraunt would close at midday so everyone can rest for the evening before Monday. Everyone needs to take a break and rest sometimes.

Hana stood at the cashier, counting up the money for the day.

"Any plans for the evening?" Mr Shota walked in, carrying a small paper bag with food inside.

"I think I'll go buy some new shoes." Hana said, looking down momentarily at her green crocs.

The bottom of the girls usual shoes had come off completely, the shoes were at the point of no return.

Mr Shota stood beside the girl and grabbed onto the counter for support.

"My dear girl, are my eyes decieving me? Or is that the leather bracelet I gave you?" Mr Shota blinked his eyes.

When Niki had left, Hana had absolutely refused to wear the bracelet, even after Mr Shota had told her to multiple times.

Hana rubbed her arm and finished up her work. "Yeah, Niki and I decided to wear them from now on."

Mr Shota snorted. Hana's eyes widened.

"What was that for?"

"Nothing dear girl."

"No seriously sir..."

"It's just, I asked you to wear it for months and you wouldn't listen to me. But Niki asks you once and you comply? You must be, what do kids call it...? Down bad?"

Hana laughed at the old man's words.

"Seriously sir, where do you learn all that?"

Me Shota pointed to his chest. "I may look old, but I'm still young at heart." Earning anither chuckle from the girl.

-

Hana left through the front door and bid the old man goodbye.

She barely made it a metre away when-

"What are those?" Ni-ki jumped out from nowhere, pointing the girls Crocs.

"Where did you even come from-"

"Don't worry about it sweetheart. Seriously, what are you wearing?"

At first glance, the girl looked normal to Niki. A black t-shirt, black mum jeans and a small bag to carry all her belongings. Pretty normal. Until you reach her feet and see the bright green crocs screaming in your face.

"Shut up, I'm going to the shops now to get new shoes." The girl shifted her feet, hoping the boy wouldn't mention her shoes again

"Thank god, you should be locked away forever just for buying those things in the first place. Come on, the next train comes in 10." Ni-ki beckoned.

Hana's eyes widened. "No, you're not coming with me. The mall is huge, you'll probably get recognised. It could be dangerous."

Ni-ki laughed and grabbed the girls hands, making her walk. "See this? It's called a hat. Oh, and look! A mask! No one will recognise me."

"Seriously, I've been an idol for a while now, I know how to handle myself in public."

Hana reluctantly followed the boy. "If we get mobbed, I'm gonna leave you."

"We won't get mobbed I promise."

"If we do-"

"We won't, don't worry. Now, what type of shoes were you thinking of getting?"

Hana smirked. "It's a surprise"

-

"-you can't get these. I won't let you." Niki said, looking at the pair of shoes Hana held up in disgust.

"Why not? They're so cute..." The girl inspected the bright yellow shoes. "And they're on sale, $15? Not bad"

Ni-ki scoffed and tried to pry the shoes out of the girls hands. "Dude, seriously, I'll even steal some good shoes for you. Don't do this to yourself."

Hana shook her head and made her way to the cashier, paying for her items.

Niki ran to the counter and slid in a bar of chocolate.

"Seriously?"

Ni-ki nod his head solemnly.

"That'll be $15" the cashier said, blsuhing shyly and looking at Ni-ki

"Oh? There's a chocolate bar there too, did you miss it?" Hana asked, picking up the bar

"That's on the house..." The girl said, accepting Hana's money.

Ni-ki and Hana had a weird feeling as the left the store and took the escalator. Ni-ki chose to ignore it while Hana confronted it

"Dude, she definately recognised you. We should go back home now"

Ni-ki shook his head in disbelief. "Nah, I'm protected. Maybe she just thought I was hot. Come on, wanna get hotdogs?"

Hana fought the urge to drag Niki back home by his ear as she found her self ordering two hotdogs momentarily later

They collected their food and found a table in the corner of the food court

"Just eat quickly, then we can go home."

"Relax, there's nothing to worry about."

"I just don't wanna get caught up in something.

"I know I'm famous and all but no one will recognise me here. I'm serious."

Hana and Niki lowered their voices as a man sat down on the table right next to them.

"Out of all the tables here, he chose to sit next to us." Hana thought as she angrily chewed her food.

Suddenly, the duo heard a discreet clicking noise.

They froze and dropped their food.

"Shit, didn't get them properly-" the man mumbled to himself, but Hana heard it.

She swiftly grabbed Niki's hands and forced him to run, only to turn around and see the man chasing after them

"LEAVE US ALONE YOU STALKER!" she yelled as she ran out of the mall and towards the train station

Her words didn't deter the man from chasing them.

"Why is he still following us?" Niki gasped through air as they ran for their lives

They were 100 metres from the station now

"Come on, almost there" Hana dragged Niki relentlessly, only tightening her grip on his hand

50 metres.

The duo's lungs were burning from running so fast, for so long.

"STOP! I PROMISE I WON'T HURT YOU" the man yelled from behind, attempting to take another picture of the two, only to fail.

Almost there.

The teenagers slipped into the closing doors of the train, which was luckily empty.

The man behind them stopped running when he realised that he wouldn't be able to get what he wanted. Furiously, the man kicked a nearby bench, only to injure his foot in the process.

Maybe the universe was on their side that day, that's why the man hadn't managed to get any legible shots of the two.

Ni-ki and Hana sat quietly, catching their breaths desperatly.

"I told you...we shouldn't have...dangerous..." Hana heaved.

"Sorry...crazy people..stupid chocolate..." Niki replied.

Once the two caught their breaths, they sat silently.

"You didn't get hurt, right?" Hana asked, facing the boy.

"Nope. I can say you have an iron grip though. Seriously, you dragged me all the way, I thought my arm would rip off."

Hana chuckled humourlessly. "I'd I didn't do that, you'd probably be making headlines by now."

Ni-ki laughed.

"He didn't catch up because your ugly shoes managed to repell him." Niki commented.

"Shut up idiot."