6

After finishing their ice-cream, the old man shooed the teenagers out of his resteraunt.

"But sir, you made me leave early yesterday too-" Hana protested.

"Stop complaining and go." He handed the teenagers two steamed buns. Just like old times.

Hana and Niki stood outside dumbfounded.

"So, who were the girls from earlier?" Hana asked as she took the road back home.

"Just friends of mine. Why, are you jealous?" Ni-ki asked.

Hana scoffed. "Oh please, I'd rather date Hyeri over you. She gave me her number, you know? I think I'll make my move tonight."

Niki looked at the girl and smirked. "Too bad she's already taken, guess you'll stay single for now."

Ni-kis smug face pissed Hyeri off.

"Whatever, I'm going home."

"Huh? But Mr Shota gave you the day off so we could spend time together. Wanna bake the cake at your house?"

Hana didn't reply.

"Oh? You didn't say no."

"I didn't say yes either"

"You've got aprons right?" Ni-ki interrupted, self inviting himself to Hana's home.

-

"Hana, we were supposed to do this together." Ni-ki complained, whining from the kitchen

"No, you wanted to make the cake. I'm just letting you do what you wanted to." Hana spoke as she turned on her TV and played Jujutsu Kaisen.

"Nah, you're watching that without me?" Ni-ki peered over he shoulder. "How about you help me make this cake quickly so that we can watch the movie together.

"No thanks, I like it here."

Ni-ki plopped down next to her with all the ingredients, a bowl and a whisk.

"What are you doing?" Hana asked annoyedly

"Making the cake. I don't wanna miss the movie."

Hana, who was beyond pissed at this point, paused the movie and hauled Niki up by his shirt.

"I hate you"

Niki only smiled, knowing that his plan for quality time worked.

-

"Oh, you have something on your face" Niki said, bringing his hand closer to Hanas face.

"What are you doing?"

"Gonna wipe it off for you."

"You're gonna wipe stuff off my face while your hand is covered in flour?" Hana pointed out.

"Shit, you're right." He withdrew his hand.

Hana snickered under her breath. Slowly, the girl was letting go of her grudge and warming up to the boy.

"Put it in. Yeah, just like that. No, you won't burn your hand. Ni-ki, you gotta put it on 'Bake', not 'Grill'."

After what seemed like hours, the duo had finally won the battle over the cooking and sat on the couch, cake in one hand and popcorn in the other.

"I've been waiting to watch this foreverrr" Niki gushed, scooting closer to Hana. He cuddled her singular arm, nestles his face on her shoulder and draped them in blankets before focusing on the screen

"What a child." Hana thought. "Just like old times."

-

Gosh, they weren't even 10 minutes into the movie and Ni-ki had already fallen asleep.