Chapter 11

"Wake up." I heard Sirius's voice.

I slowly opened my eyes seeing him in front of me and James no longer there. He must be with the boys.

"Hey." He smiled, bringing his hand to my cheek to get the hair out of my face.

"Are we here?" I got up taking the blanket off my lap.

"Yeah just about." He looked out the window, we were about five minutes away. "What happened Bella?"

"It's not important." I began to brush my hair, "what's important is that I don't look like absolute shit when we get there."

"Bells."

I begin brushing my hair more and more violently. "These knots are so irritating. This is what happens when you don't brush your hair."

"Arabella!"

"What!?" I shouted. He grabbed the brush out of my hand, "You're hurting yourself. Here."

He sat behind me and brushed my hair gently, "we won't talk about it, ok? Just let me help you." I didn't say anything and let him help.

Silently, he brushed my hair and braided it. "Sorry, it's not a great braid." He said now asking me where my mascara was.

"Right here, and it looks great Sirius, thank you."

I turned around towards him. "Close your eyes I'm scared to poke your eyes out." He said holding the mascara towards me.

So I closed them, he held a hand to my cheek and carefully tried to do my mascara. "Shit! I got it on your eyelid." He licked his thumb and rubbed it off, but then began laughing.

"What in the world are you laughing about?" I smiled at the cackling Sirius.

"Remember when you believed in cooties?" He made a disgusted face, pretending to be me in first year, "Ew! Don't kiss me with those gross lips!"

"Shut up!" I pushed him playfully, "did you get the mascara off?"

Laughing through his answer, "yes yes I did, calm down."

Once he was finished I looked in the mirror and I looked so much better. I got to rest, my hair done, and a tiny bit of makeup on.

"You didn't have to do this Sirius. But I appreciate it." I hugged him.

"Sorry to interrupt our moment but we're here, we should go." He said.

The Great Hall

"Arabella!" Peter smiled at me as I sat down.

"Hey Pete, how was the break?"

"It was great! I got a new jacket for Christmas, it's nice and warm."

"That's awesome!" I smiled at him. I'm so glad he had a good break.

The rest of the boys sat awkwardly not knowing how to talk to me. I wish they'd just pretend nothing happened.

Ignoring them, I filled my plate with food. The boys followed and did the same. We made small conversation until Dumbledore spoke about this semester of school.

"Thank you for being patient and pausing your conversations to listen, please continue." He smiled and sat back down with the professors.

I looked around the other tables making eye contact with Evan. I looked away quickly and dropped my fork on my plate, i've lost my appetite. Remus noticed and slowly reached his hand my way. "He's not worth it, trust me."

"I agree he's a twit," James whispered to me, over hearing Remus.

"I'm just going to excuse myself guys, thanks." I got up and left the Great Hall early.

Behind me I heard steps, and of course, it was Evan.

"Arabella!" He shouted.

"Oh hey, Ev-"

"Can you just go away, Rosier?" Sirius said coming out of nowhere.

"Sirius," I said.

"All he does is cause hurt," Sirius muttered under his breath.

"Arabella I would really like to speak to you if that's alright?" Evan ignored Sirius' attitude towards Evan.

"Um..."

"No, you can't," Sirius answered for me.

"Sirius... this is not your concern." I turned to him.

"Arabella."

"Sirius."

Sirius sighed and let Evan continue.

"Can we talk? Please?" He asked looking at Sirius beside me who was still giving Evan a dirty look.

"Yeah. Yeah." I mumbled. Leaving the glaring Sirius to walk with Evan. We walked outside by the black lake. It was dark out and the moon was half full filling the earth with little light.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" I acted confused, my mission to avoid him had failed hugely.

"Christmas eve. Here's the thing, I was scared. I've been crushing on Mary for a while but It has recently... I guess, stopped." He looked down, "The truth is at the beginning of the year, the reason we kind of drifted away is that I had feelings for you. And I didn't want to get rejected."

He continued, "I like you, and I mean I really like you. What I did on Christmas eve, was one of the most embarrassing and horrible mistakes I have ever made. I am so sorry, Arabella. I like you, and I hope you forgive me for what I did."

I was so shocked. Sure, I was very upset about what he did. But could I really judge him? I was scared too.

He held his hand up to my cheek, "may I?"  I nodded slowly and I kissed him. I should've probably fought on this for a moment but my actions were way too ahead.

He didn't hold back he immediately kissed me back. Grabbing my waist pulling me closer to him so our bodies were against each other. Everything just happened so quickly.

I'm not counting that kiss in the bathroom as my first. This was.

Once we separated he apologized again, this time profusely for what had happened in the bathroom.
And then we sat against the tree and talked for a while before heading back to the school.

I was simply on cloud nine.

A/n: SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT AND SHORT CHAPTER i was having such bad writers block it's so bad 😭