Chapter 19

Oh, my love, my darling

I was curled up in Evan's bed when I think I was ready to say the words.

You know the three words. 'I love you." I didn't know if he felt the same way but we were bound to find out soon. I felt a little too outgoing in the moment.

As he held me close to him I decided this was the right time, so I whispered in his ear, "I love you." He tensed. Not exactly the reaction I was hoping for...

He didn't say anything he looked at me and smiled awkwardly, "Thank you?"

THANK YOU??? I got out of his bed and scoffed, "No Evan, thank you!" I grabbed my books and left his room. I'm an idiot, to say the least. I should have waited longer. I was only, 14. Merlin's beard I'm too young! I shouldn't feel this way! I should have known he would react like that.

Evan's POV

Arabella had just left my room angry and crying. I messed things up and I knew it. She said I love you. That probably was a lot of pressure on her and I said thank you.

The truth is I didn't love her the way I should have. She doesn't deserve that. She deserves someone that will love her no matter what.

Sure I liked her. A LOT. She was cute, funny, and smart. A perfect girl, honestly. So why didn't I love her? Why couldn't I just say it to her? She didn't deserve to be treated that way.

I rub my hand over my face and sighed. What the hell am I going to do? I grabbed my sweatshirt and ran out of my room to find Arabella. She must be so sad the least I could do was talk to her about it. Explain maybe that I wasn't ready or something. I'm not sure. I just needed to find her.

"Evan? What's wrong why do you look so stressed?" A girl said from behind me as I was rushing through the halls of Hogwarts. I spun myself around to see Mary Macdonald with a concerned face. Her cute nose scrunched and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh, hey Mary. I-I- am not stressed! But I do have to go I'm sorry!" I stuttered and tried to leave.

"Evan? Tell me what's going on." She protested.

"It's personal, Mary," I sighed as she walked towards me. "I'm not going to tell anyone, Evan, come on let's go somewhere to talk."

"Ok," I whispered awkwardly, giving in, "you don't have to do this. I'm fine I have to get somewhere."

"No, you're stressed let it all out," she brought us into a study room, she closed the shades of the window that was in there. We sat on the floor backs on the wall.

"Well- um it's about Arabella..." I told her trying not to say too much.

"What about her?"

"I don't think I should tell you, Mary. As I said, it's personal."

"Evan, I'm not telling anyone, anything that you tell me will not come out of this room."

"Ok..." I said already regretting my decision, "She- uh told me she loved me and I said thank you."

"Do you..." she paused, "do you love her?"

I didn't say anything I just froze for a moment. "I don't love Arabella as I should. I like Arabella a lot, I just- I don't know," I sighed.

"Oh, well Evan," she rubbed the side of my hand, "I understand. She shouldn't be mad at you for not being ready," She moved closer to me.

"Mary," I shift uncomfortably, "she's just surprised I didn't say it back, and I understand that."

"I wouldn't be surprised I would understand you," She moved closer and closer to me. I wanted to back away. But she had these beautiful big brown eyes that I just couldn't stop staring at. She broke the space between us and kissed me.

"Mary! No." I back myself off of her without a second thought.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"Mary! I- Arabella's your friend why did you kiss me? What is wrong with you!" I run my hands through my hair stressfully standing up, "I gotta go I- I have to find Arabella,"

"Evan!" Mary calls for me I run out the door and slam it looking for Arabella.

Where is she? I need to find her right now.

James POV

I was walking around the corridors attempting to prank Mr. Filch only to see through a curtain of a study room. The curtain was only open a little bit just enough to see Evan Rosier and Mary Macdonald talking. I saw her moving closer to him.

What the heck is going on? I sneak closer to the window and look closer only to see them snogging!

Arabella's going to be pissed! I'm pissed! Oh, I'm gonna kill him! I knew you could never trust a Slytherin! And that's one of Arabella's best friends! Oh no, this is going to ruin her! I hear Evan yelling and the doorknob rattling. I run into a broom closet to hide.

"Evan!" Mary called I could hear her from the closet.

I had to find Arabella. I had to tell her.

Arabella's POV

I found myself back in the Slytherin common room looking for Evan only to be found by my one and only brother, Thomas.

"Arabella?"

"Thomas," I greeted him.

"Why are you up here?"

"Looking for Evan but he's not here, so I guess I'll just go."

"I mean alright, but I think he went looking for you, just an FYI." He said awkwardly. I nodded and left the room.

I decided to go back to the Gryffindor Tower because I was tired. Tired of today. I was going to explain that if he wasn't ready he wasn't ready. And that I would be ok with that.

All of the sudden, I feel a hand grab my arm tightly and shove me into a closet.

"Excuse me?!" I practically yell.

"Shut up!" someone said.

"Who is that?"

"It's me James now shh be quiet for a second," he said as we hear footsteps pass the closet.

"Ok now, what do you want James?"

"I have to tell you something..." he said fidgeting with his hands.

"And what is that something?"

"Ok, so I was walking around trying to prank Filch but um- I saw-" he paused.

"Saw what? I'm tired James what did you see!?" I groaned.

"I saw-" The door opened.

"Bella! I saw you run in here- James?" Evan looked confused but grabbed my hand nonetheless. "We need to talk."

"Not until I talk to her you prat," James shouted at the Slytherin. What was going on?

A/n: ello sorry i had to attempt to end this relationship somehow...

Also apologies for not updating for a hot second lots been going on recently :)

thank you for reading, voting, and commenting!!!

How was your day?