6 - You've got a lovely voice.

[SEONGHWA POV]

The bell rang as homeroom ended. I grabbed my bag and realised that I had History next. I sighed knowing well I was not going to be at that lesson, I nudged Yunho as i walked out the classroom.

"Cover for me, I'm ditching History.", I said to him, he nodded and said bye. I knew Yunho was going to cover for me regardless with one of his amazing lies but I had to tell him in advance.

I didn't know where to go and ditching in the bathroom was so cliche so I went to the locked off rooftop. The only reason it was locked off was because of dangers and the threat that students could use that to jump off. I, on the other hand, was not going to do that so I climbed over the chains and walked up the stairs.

Before going up to the rooftop, I heard a voice. They were singing. The sweet honey voice intrigued me so I sneaked my way to go see who it is.

Haewon?

I walked towards her quietly as she sat on the bench singing her heart out.

'La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la. My only one.'

[HAEWON POV]

The song ended. It was one of my favorites, Only by Lee Hi. I could never get tired of singing it. Or get embarrassed until someone accidentally overhears me-

"You've got a lovely voice.", a deeper yet smooth voice spoke up. I jumped, how long were they there??

How long was Seonghwa there?

"Bro? You scared me!", I exclaimed as I felt my heart rate going up high. I felt it even going higher as I realised that him out of all people heard my voice. He heard me sing.

"Sorry, your voice is just so amazing. You know I do singing too?", he tells me as if I cared. HELLO?? YOU HEARD ME SINGING AND YOU'RE FUCKING PARK SEONGHWA!!

"Oh, really? Interesting..", I said as I packed up my bag, not even interested in this conversation. Until I felt a strong grip on my arm.

"Wait.", he says. I drop my bag and look at him confused. "Why should I wait? Are you paying to fix my phone or what??", I asked him.

I saw a smile grow on his face when I said it causing me to smile out of instinct. "You're still not over it? Fine, I'll pay for your phone.", he tells me.

"OMG THANK YOU!-"

"If. Only if you sing for me right now and let me take you out for karaoke tonight.", He offers me. I gave him a expression-less face, I didn't know what to say. But then something came to mind. Yeji.

"Honestly I would love to, but I have something really important tonight. I'm really really sorr-"
I apologised before he cut me off. Again. 
"You don't need to apologise, we'll just plan it for another night. Like Tomorrow night?", he tells me as he put his hand on top of mine giving me a reassuring smile. I nodded at him, agreeing to go.

Suddenly, a voice played in my head.

'Seonghwa is just different.'

'He's a manipulative fuck who couldn't care less for what's in your pants but to break your heart.'

It was Ningning's voice, she was advising me not to talk to Seonghwa and his crew. It wouldn't be that bad, would it? If I just carried on being wise, I could avoid any romance or intimacy with them, right?

Someone brought me back from my thoughts to reality. "So... are you going to sing for me?", Seonghwa asks me innocently and I laugh at him. I clear my voice and begin to sing.

'Stay in the middle. Like you a little, don't want no riddle.'

[SEONGHWA POV]

'Hoo-ooh, ooh-ooh
Hoo-ooh, hoo'

She finally finished and I felt my cheeks burning up. Her voice was beautiful, her face was beautifu- WAIT NO! Seonghwa, that isn't apart of the plan, focus!!

"Did you like it?", she asked me with another one of her amazing smiles. I smiled back and answered, "It was so nice to hear your voice, now I know that I have competition at karaoke."

The bell rang and we knew we had another lesson to go to. The hour went by so fast, I didn't even realise.

"I got maths so bye", I tell her goodbye and smile at her and walk away. Gosh, why are my cheeks burning up?

-

OKAY OKAY I LIKE BEING CONSISTENT WITH THE UPDATES 🤭
so what do you think, should haewon carry on talking to seonghwa??