CHAPTER 14

It was a day before the chunin exam and now you're getting ready while waiting for Kakashi to pick you up at your house in Konoha.

After your conversation with Zabuza and Haku, you told them that you won't be home for a while since the exam is nearing and you also told them that you might need their help as well.

You didn't expect them to immediately agree to your request before hearing you out about what the hell it is about, in fact, they were quite eager at the mention that you need their help.

Obviously, you shrugged it off thinking they were bored at home doing nothing so you just let them do what they want. Looking at them, you noticed their ragged clothes and this made you frown. They were your people now but they don't even have any nice clothes so you mentally take note to buy some for them.

The next day you went to the village to buy some clothing and you accidentally met Kakashi on your way. Kakashi told you that it would be nice to fulfill his promise of buying you lunch the day before the chunin exam.

And that's how you are now waiting for him.

A knock was heard on your door, you went to open it up before taking one final look at the mirror and adjusting your hoodie to properly cover those horns of yours.

"I'm surprised you're on time." You sarcastically said, but genuinely were a bit shocked.

Kakashi raised eyebrows since that's the only one that could be seen anyway, with an offended look. "I could be on time when I need to, okay."

You stepped out of the door and close it, now you're walking next to Kakashi to the restaurant.

'As always what a nice scent.' you thought while eyeing him up.

"What are you looking at? Is there anything on my face?" Kakashi asked, noticing the stares you were giving him.

You gulped down unconsciously, "Y'know, I'm starting to think that lunch would be much better if it was you that I'm eating now."

It was definitely something unexpected that made Kakashi freeze in his steps. He averts his eyes before finally looking back at you and he can't help but notice the mischievous glint in your eyes.

"That's not the kind of jokes you're supposed to be telling an adult, m/n." Kakashi told m/n sternly and to m/n, it was funny.

You started to chuckle, you can't help but think that Kakashi was surprisingly innocent towards children despite reading erotic novels in public.

Suddenly a thought crossed your mind, does Kakashi gets off on reading erotic novels in public?

"M/n?"

"Sorry, what was it?" You finally snapped out of your thought, a bit shameful of what you just thought of the man in front of you.

Kakashi was concerned as to why you weren't responding to him even though you'd already arrived at the restaurant.

"You okay? You space out a bit there." Kakashi asked, afraid that he might have asked you out on a bad day.

"No, it's nothing. I'm just hungry, I guess." You answered him, while looking around the restaurant you're now in as a way to avoid looking at his face.

The restaurant looks fancy and the table that you guys sit on was in a private room. Certainly, a really high-class place he brought you to. Not that you mind though.

Kakashi dismissed it when you said that and order for the both of you.

"You can take off your hoodie if you want, no one would come in here." Kakashi softly said, his eyes looking at you.