CHAPTER 11

Zabuza who was burning with hatred by the betrayal of his employer, fuelled with the death of Haku murdered as many Gato's people as possible before he collapse next to Haku.

It was a pitiful sight but like Kakashi said it was none of our business to meddle in.

The fight end and the team decides to head back to Tazuna's house to rest.

You, instead walked towards Haku's and Zabuza's bodies and kneeling besides them. Kakashi who thought of you as being weird again, come up to you to drag you back until he saw your tears.

"How pitiful..." You muttered just low enough so Kakashi could still hear it.

"At least...at least a proper burial...they deserve that much." You continue as tears run down your face even as your face is still stoic.

The sight made Kakashi heart clenched and that unexpressive face of yours isn't making it any better.

He laid his hand on your shoulder and you look up to him. "If you want we could bury them."

You look back at the two of them and nod. That very same day, Kakashi and you quietly bury them as your teammates send Tazuna home.

_________

In the darkness that seems to be endless, Zabuza reminiscing the moment of him and Haku. The time when they first meet, the time where Haku successfully master his mirror technique and all that precious moments seems to be crumbling down with Haku's death.

'Right, I'm dead too...' Zabuza remembered as he look around the abyss before scoffing. He knew that he won't be in the same place as Haku but he can't help it, in the back of his mind he hope to see Haku again.

"A chance...just one last time. I want to see him." Zabuza wished, if a second chance were presented in front of him, he would do anything to grab it. This time to atone his wrongdoing to Haku.

'one last time...'

As if his wishes were granted, a blinding lights surround him, making him grunted.

Zabuza slowly opened his eyes and adjust to the light. It was an unfamiliar ceiling, he noted groggily. He then turned to his right and the sight seems to jolted him awake.

He scrambled towards Haku, who's stiffened when he saw Zabuza woke up and pulled him into a hug.

Haku slowly wrapped his arms around Zabuza as he sobs into his chest. Zabuza too was crying and pulled Haku a bit away from him to look at his face. They were both ugly crying but to Zabuza, Haku still look as handsome as he was.

'Thank god.' Zabuza never have felt this much relief in his entire life about someone being alive.

While watching the two crying in each other embrace seemingly unaware of your presence, you couldn't help but felt a bit relieved that they didn't end up like how the story went.

You knocked on the sliding door to catch their attention. Haku who saw you smile a bit as he wipe away the tears but Zabuza protectively hide Haku behind his back.

"You! Did you come to finish us off again?!" He growled

"Zabuza-san it's okay—"

"No! It's not!" Zabuza cut Haku off, still didn't let you come closer

You awkwardly stood there before sighing, "Zabuza, sit."

Like a dog receiving order, he obediently sit although he's still yapping his mouth off.

"What the? What did you to me?" Zabuza couldn't control his body and he felt the strong urge to obey this boy in front of him.

"Haku, can you just tell him what happened? I think he's gonna attack me if I get close now." You asked and went to take a seat a bit far from the two.