Chapter 10

"Here we have the one and only (Y/N) Blossom!"

The piano and other instruments start to play as (Y/N) approach the vintage microphone stand. In an effort to please her father, she put her hands on the microphone and gave it a gentle touch before she started singing passionately.

(St. Louis Blues - Maxine Sullivan)

Oh, I hate to see that evening sun go down
Yes, I hate to see that evening sun go down
Just because my baby, he has gone and left this town
If I'm feeling tomorrow just like I feel today
If I'm feeling feeling tomorrow just like a feel today
I'm gonna pack my trunk and make my getaway

The Jazz Club was quickly evacuated by the sinners when a shadowy man entered. He was a regular customer who frequently just came for the jazz singers and some strong alcohol. doesn't want to dance or mingle with the other sinners.

St. Louis woman with all her diamond rings
Pulls that man around by her apron strings
If it wasn't for powder and for store bought hair
The man I love wouldn't have gone nowhere
Nowhere Wouldn't give a blind sparrow an acorn

He was fascinated after hearing the singer's voice... That voice didn't sound familiar to him at all. He enters the main lobby after passing through the passageways. When he turned to face the stage, he spotted... an imp?

Got the St. Louis blues, blue as I can be
My man got a heart like a rock cast in the deep blue sea
He may be your man but he comes up to see me sometime
Yes he may be your man but he comes up to see me sometime
Live six flights up and that man he sure love to climb

Alastor stood in front of the stage, keeping his distance from a far and watched how graceful the movements of the imp.

Wouldn't give a blind sparrow an acorn
Wouldn't give a crippled crab a crutch
Wouldn't give a blind sparrow an acorn
Wouldn't give a crippled crab a crutch
Ain't gonna give you nothing
'Cause you think you're such a much and much
Got the St. Louis, got the St. Louis
Got the blues, got the blues, got the blues, blue as I can be

The smiling radio demon caught the imp's attention quickly, making her feel uncomfortable. The radio demon also observed how uneasy she became. She sings on, trying to stay as far away from the crimson devil as she can.

Mississippi river long deep wide
I got to meet my sweet man on the other side
Take me back to St. Louis, back to St. Louis
Got the St. Louis Blues, just as blue as I can be

She ended her song and made a small bow in front of the applauding crowd. Alastor experienced a fleeting emotion for the imp as she disappeared behind the drapes. He observed that the imp was retaining a false smile, which disappeared as soon as she turned her back on the audience.

The father, meanwhile, began berating her for losing her cool on stage and complaining about how terrible it is for the business to have a vocalist who lacks confidence. In order to avoid the angry man's sight, the female imp stares at the ground. The enraged imp put his finger on his daughter's skull and applied forcefully downward pressure. "How are you stupid?" He started poking her head repeatedly and yanking it further downward. "Answer me!"

"Sir, someone is asking for you." The male imp sighed significantly as the sinner woman scrawled something on her clipboard. He pasted on a smile right away and went backstage, leaving his daughter all alone. Her gorgeous, (F/C) eyes began to well up with a few tears, but she kept her head down.

"My darling, why are you crying?"  She looked up and caught a glimpse of the devil in front of her as a radio static voice flooded her ears. She went into a frozen state, and the wetness from her eyes kept dripping into her clothes. Her tears were wiped away by the radio devil, who put his palm on her face.

"Well, darling?" 

"I-I...I'm just so tired of this life... I wanna run away from this but I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"Because I don't know how to survive on my own. I never went to school..."

"Do you have any dreams of your own?"

"I do, actually."

"What are they?"

"I want to get marry a nice, rich demon. I hope that we have our little tea party and read to one another... It's dumb, isn't it? There is no such thing for a nice demon, I'll take death instead...."

"You might be right about that. But perhaps I can make one of those wishes come true." Alastor's smile became even wider as he gazed into the imp's eyes.

"How would you do that?"  The imp looks desperately at the radio demon who looked so evil in her eyes. "Are you going to kill me?"

"Of course not, dear. I was thinking..."