Twenty-four

A/N

You guys are all so nice! I didn't want to admit this, but I have cried over some of your comments, because it just makes me so happy that you like it. I'm not used to people being as nice as you are! I love you all so much!

So, anyway, I've finally written this chapter! I really hope you all enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Ricky told me what song I would be singing for the end of the show. It was the song that I had to go and get recorded, because it was The Voice UK's single for this year. If I won, this song would be released, as my first ever single. If I didn't win, this would just be an amazing experience, to just be able to go to a professional recording studio was something that would be amazing to me.

The song for this year was Eyes Open, by Taylor Swift. When Ricky told me, I thought back to the first time when I listened to it. I was lying in my bed on my phone, going through my music. It was just before exams, and I was finding it hard to sleep, and was waking up early in the mornings. So one morning I went through all of my Albums, and realised that I had never listened to this song. As soon as I heard the song, I wanted to learn it on guitar. It was just one of those songs that gave you feels. And I just loved it so much.Taylor Swift had been given such a bad reputation by the media, but she still managed to be a successful singer, and I admired that. She got through all of the rubbish the media gave her, and came out even more successful. I admired her so much for that.

Ricky drove me to the recording studio, where I went through the song quite a few times to get it right for the finals. I couldn't believe that in less than a week people could be downloading this and listening to it. But also, in less than a week this dream could be over, and my time here over.

'You did great.' Ricky said, as we walked back to his car.
I shrugged. I just did what I always did. I just sang the song, and got on with it.
'Anyway, I'm taking you out for a surprise.' Ricky said, smiling. We got into his car.
'Why are you surprising me?' I asked.
'Because I'm a nice guy.' He laughed. 'Oh, and I have to for footage for the show.'
'Knew there would be a reason.' I laughed.

I had no idea where Ricky would take me though. There wasn't much he could do to surprise me after buying me that guitar, and throwing that birthday party.

Ricky drove for a while on the motorway, and without the radio, it was getting pretty boring, so I reached over and turned it on. I saw Ricky's eye-roll straight away. He was more worried that one of his songs would come on.

Luckily for him, it wasn't one of his songs that came on, but it was Kiss With A Fist by Florence and The Machine. The song had actually been one of the songs I obsessed over last year. It was just how powerful her voice was, especially in that song. And I liked the way she started it off without any music to it. It gave the song more of a kick.

I smiled and sang along to it. It was a song that screamed girl-power-but-not-girly, so I loved it.

Ricky looked at me after the song had finished.
'You really surprise me with your taste in music.; He said.
'Good surprise or bad surprise?' I asked, being all too aware of the latter.
Ricky seemed to think for a while. 'Good surprise.' He said. 'I like a woman who has her own taste.'

At least Ricky approved of my taste. More than a lot of people had said about it.

We pulled up in a car park that was all too familiar to me.

'Ricky,' I said. 'What the hell are we doing at my old secondary school?' If my life were a movie, right now I Would be having war flashbacks of those days where people used to gang up on me here. Or those days when the teachers just stood by and watched as people stole my bag, throwing all of my things everywhere. This used to be my hell.