Four

'Hazel?' A new voice said. He was tall, wearing a dark uniform. 'I've been asked to show you to Ricky's dressing room.' He said.

Mum looked at me, raising her eyebrows. I elbowed her in her side. She always thought the worst of things. Or the dirtiest. We were just going to talk. I don't understand why he wanted to talk to me, but still.

'Sure,' I said, following the man, while mum went back into the room we were sat in before.

We went through a few corridors, until we reached a door that had Ricky's name on it. The man knocked.

Ricky opened the door. It still surprised me to see him. To be stood in front of him.
'Hey Hazel,' He said. The way he said my name seemed so different to the way that everyone else said it.
'Hey,' I said.

Ricky opened the door wider to let me in. I noticed that the security guy had gone, so it was just me and Ricky.

'You can sit down, if you like.' Ricky said, sitting down on a settee he had.

His dressing room was actually quite big. But it was plain. It wasn't somewhere you would like to spend long in. To say that this was Ricky's third series, the room seemed so impersonal. Maybe that was just the way that he liked it, but somehow, I doubted that.

'So, you can sing.' He said, then laughed. 'What else can you do?' He asked.
'I play piano.' I said. 'I'm only grade one - it was something I took up in secondary school and then never found a new tutor after. And I'm teaching myself guitar. I have both acoustic and electric, but I'm not too good.' I said.
'Wow. So you're even more talented then.' Ricky said.
'If you want to believe that.' I said, and laughed.
'No, honestly, you are. What else? Just tell me random stuff about yourself. I'm curious now.'
I laughed. 'I'm boring Ricky.' I said. 'I grew up with just my mum, there's just the two of us. No sign of my dad. He disappeared when I was young. So it's just us.'
'See, you just get more interesting.' Ricky said.
I shook my head at him. 'I can't believe I'm sat talking to you like it is one of the most normal things in the world.' I said, not really thinking about what I was saying.
Ricky laughed. And it was a real laugh. 'I'm just a normal person, like you, Hazel. Inside, I am. It's just the outside that everyone knows.

I didn't know what to say to that.

Ricky looked at the clock on the wall. 'I should be getting back. Can I give you my number, I want to be able to talk to you still. And let you know about what's going off with the show and everything, of course.'
I nodded, unlocking my phone and passing it to him. He typed his number into my contacts and passed my phone back. I locked it again and put it back in my pocket.
'Text me soon yeah? I want to talk to you about the next round.'
'Sure.' I nodded, and walked out, following Ricky.
'I'll see you, Hazel.'
'Yeah, bye, Ricky.' I said, walking in the opposite direction.

I had Ricky Wilson's phone number. I was now officially fangirling to new levels.