Thirteen

A/N

So you know what I said about my last chapter being so short? Well, this one sort of makes up for it. I had a moment where I couldn't stop writing, oops!

Remember to comment so I know what you think!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to be at the studios five hours early. I didn’t know why. But Lexi didn’t have to be there early, so I didn’t understand it. Ricky had sent the text telling me to be in early. ‘Bring gym-type clothes’ he had put. To be honest, I was just going to wear that sort of clothes anyway - my dress had been sent to the studios, for me to get changed into there. I hadn’t even seen it since it had arrived, only at the fitting a few days ago. It was floor-length, and deep blue, with a sweet-heart neckline. When I first saw it, I was breathless. It was such a stunning dress - I had never wore one so beautiful. Plus, later I had a makeup artist to do my makeup. The perks of being in the knockouts I guessed.

I walked to the studios - it was quite sunny, and strangely warm for this time of year. When I say warm, I do mean it was twelve degrees out, but still. Warm for the UK.

I was soon at the studios, and pulled my phone out to text Ricky. I didn’t want to have to walk in there looking like an idiot if no one else was there. Just as I went into Ricky’s texts, he emerged from the entrance, dressed in his running clothes. 

‘Not bad,’ He said, looking me up and down. I had on a pair of my exercise leggings, and a long-sleeved t-shirt, with my most comfortable trainers. 

I raised my eyebrows at him. ‘Not bad?’ I asked joking.

Ricky laughed. ‘Shut up,’ He said. ‘Anyway, I know what you’re thinking.’ He said, smirking. ‘What are you doing here dressed like this?’ 

I shrugged. ‘It hadn’t even crossed my mind,’ I joked. 

Ricky laughed. ‘Before I have a big gig, I usually will go for a little run, it tends to help to calm my nerves. Would you want to come on a run with me? It might help.’ 

Ricky knew I was nervous. Actually, saying that I was nervous would always be an understatement. I was always absolutely terrified of going out onto that stage. I always had to make myself forget that it was being filmed to go on TV. I always had to make myself think that it was just for the audience in the studio - somehow, that made me feel more confident. Probably because I wasn’t thinking about the fact that I was performing in front of millions. 

‘Sure,’ I said. I wasn’t going to say no to possibly spending time with Ricky. A few months ago, this would’ve just been a dream. I was still living thinking I would never get a chance to even get anywhere near Ricky, and now I was about to go running with him. I still couldn’t quite believe it.

‘Come on then,’ Ricky said, starting off at a slow jog. I ran beside him, following where he was going. After all, I had no real idea where we were even going. I didn’t know my way around here, I only knew how to get to the studios. 

It was nice to be able to spend some time with Ricky without our awkward conversations. I enjoyed not having to talk - I liked just having his company. When I would go running at home, I would be on my own. It wasn’t that enjoyable on your own, because the place where I lived wasn't exactly know to be safe to go around on your own in, and the area where I went running was even more unsafe. Megan used to describe me as an autophobe. Apparently it means a person who has a fear of being alone. I understood where she was coming from, I did use to have being alone running, but after a while, you learn to ignore the gangs of teenagers standing everywhere, and the people who seem to be following. If you ignore them, they aren’t there. Music helps. Usually I would have my earphones in and some playlist on, but I didn’t today, because I was with Ricky.