Chapter 10

So I'm picking up the story where I left off in chapter nine.

"Hello Naomi, long time no see," the mysterious person said. I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to recall any memories of this person.

If I had any. The person took off their hat and I could confirm; it was a man. He was bald and had a big scar, crossing his eye. He looked somewhat familiar, but it wasn't like I felt I'd seen him in person before.

"Millie told me about you, how should I put it, rather interesting story. My van is outside, I was wondering if you would care to give me an interview." No need to say I was rather skeptical of this man, and a van? Cara forced me to watch enough horror movies to know that you should never, you hear me? Never, go with strange men into a van. It'll likely be your death.

"For what organization do you work?" I asked. The man let out a small chuckle and shook his head.

"You're too smart, but I'm afraid you have to come with me."  She looked threatening at me, but I didn't flinch. I've been through worse.

"No! Sorry, but I need to go home, my friend is back and I would like to talk to her." My voice sounded calm in my ears. I got up from the chair I was in and grabbed my bag.

As I was walking out the door, Millie grabbed my wrist and looked into my eyes. "You didn't finish the tea." Her voice sounded misleading, and I didn't feel the slightest need to talk to her.

"I'm sorry, but I have to leave. Good day to you." I walked to the hall and grabbed my coat. Not even bothering to put it on.

Those two sent chills down my spine, and I saw them glancing at me while I was leaving. I closed the door behind me and ran to my car. Once inside, I locked the doors and started driving.

I was safe.

Or so I thought.

————————————
A/N: sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter. It's New Year's Eve and I celebrated with family. But I wanted to squeeze one in any way.
Thanks for reading. You make my day.