Chapter 8

A/N: This is a chapter from Naomi's point of view, leading up to her missing. Just thought I'd say. Also, I'll try to upload every weekend. (Amsterdam time)

I got a text from Millie saying she returned from her trip to Australia and was back in London. She wondered if I could visit. Of course, I agreed! She is one of the few people left from my old friend group; Sal is dead, murdered by my dad, Max is in jail and Jake lives with his child and husband in Devon.

"Car, I'm going to London for the weekend, okay?" Cara Naruto-ran down the stairs before stopping, standing with her arms crossed, and looking at me with an accusing expression.

"But Naomi, Ravi's getting Pip out of Cambridge, we planned to celebrate the outcome of the trial." She looked at me with puppy eyes. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Sorry, but I promised Millie I'd visit, can't you just say hi to Pippa for me? Oh, and give her a big hug?" Cara let out a little 'Hmpf' and walked off.

I went upstairs and started to pack, just some clothes and stuff. Cara had a point tho, and of course, I wanted to see Pip, but I needed to spend some time with an old friend, just for my mental health.

"Still sure you don't wanna stay?" Her voice sounded almost pleading. I turned around and tried to look confident.

"Yep, god this suitcase is heavy." That was my horrible attempt at changing the subject

"I'm sure it is, how late will you be back?" She didn't let go, and I smiled without showing, she was so much stronger than me.

"Noon, not later than that, I promise." I held out my pinkie and she wrapped her pinkie around it. Her face lit up.

"Okay, see you then!" I waved when walking out the door. I spent at least a half hour struggling with the suitcase, it was so heavy, and the trunk of my car wasn't exactly big.

There wasn't much traffic on the way, I expected a lot more, the last time I visited, I was in a traffic jam. Not very pleasant, but now, I had no trouble. I arrived one and a half hours later.

I was relieved to see my friend again, in good health. We talked for hours. She wanted to know everything, mostly about Pippa's case. I tried to answer her questions. We had such a great time.

"So, I don't get it, who killed Sal then, if he didn't commit suicide?" Ouch, touchy subject. But still, I didn't hesitate to reply.

"My dad. He's in prison now, I haven't talked to him since." Her face looked scared, but she soon straightened herself. Taking a sip of her tea, she said:

"But how did he know of the accident?" As I was about to explain, the doorbell rang.

"Oh, this is the surprise I was talking about!" She jolted out of her chair and almost ran to the door, and I could hear faint hints of a conversation.

"Come in, she's in the living room!" I turned because Millie was referring to me.

The person walked in "Hello Naomi, long time no see"