"Uh, speaking of Garcia not keeping secrets. She didn't hear me. Did she?" I sink into my chair awaiting her answer.

"Oh nah, she was already fast asleep. It was just me. Unless you were so loud the boys heard you across the hall." Laughing her ass off for the 100th time.

"Shut up." I join her in her laughing.

"Don't worry Y/N/N, I'll keep your dirty little secret." She says with a wink.

"Thanks Em, we'll tell the rest of the team eventually. Whenever we discuss exactly what our relationship is now."

"No problem. We're almost there."

.......

We finished up with the ME, so we get ready to go back to the precinct. We jump in the SUV. I asked to drive because I just needed something to focus on.

I tried my best to distract myself while we were in there. I thought about JJ while mindlessly writing notes. I knew I couldn't focus with that poor girl's body right there, but hopefully I can read back my notes.

Emily noticed something was up. "Hey, Y/N are you okay?"

"Oh yeah, I'll be fine. It's just this particular case brings back memories I would like to forget." Talking about it to one person was enough for a lifetime. I hate keeping secrets from her, but she understands, better than anyone, that some things should be left unsaid.

"Okay, let me know if I can do anything."

"I will, I promise."

We spend the rest of the car ride in silence.

............

Back at the precinct...

We're greeted by Hotch, I'm hoping with good news.

"Prentiss, Y/L/N, how did it go with the ME? Same MO?"

"Mostly, there was one change. Hannah had cuts going up her thighs." Emily answers.

"He's evolving."

"What about the witness. Any new information?" I have to have good news of some kind and this witness is my only hope.

"She saw a black van sitting outside Hannah's house for a couple days. She's their neighbor."

"Did she get a license plate."

"Yes, but their stolen tags. We put an apb out on the van."

I walk away because I can't show Hotch my rage. He'll take me off the case, and I need to find this bastard.

I walk into the bathroom to let off some steam. I go to one of the stall doors and slam it against the frame.

"Damn it, we're so close. Why can't we find him."

The main door creaks open.

"Y/N." It's Emily.

"Hey what's wrong?" Emily walks over to me.

"I'm okay I just need to calm down."

"What can I do to help?"

"Get JJ please, and be discreet."

"Okay I can do that." Emily walks back out the door.

JJ's my safe harbor, even if we aren't together yet. She always will be.

JJ's POV:

"I've locked down his comfort zone to this triangle." Reid points at the board.

"Hey JJ can I borrow you for a second." I turn around to find Emily. She's very clearly faking a smile.

"Yeah, Reid I'll be right back."

Emily pulls me into the hall next to the conference room.

"What's up?"

"I'll tell you when we get there."

We hurry down the hallway and stop outside the bathroom door.

Emily looks at me. "Y/N's in there, she asked for you."

"Okay, thanks Em."

I go to walk in but Emily stops me.

"You'll let me know how she is right." She looks at me with concerned eyes.

"Of course."

"I'll cover for you with the team."

I nod in response and then open the door.

"Y/N/N."

Y/N's POV:

As soon as I hear her voice, I turn around. A few tears falling from my face.

"JJ." I say as I run to her.

I crash into her chest. She wraps one arm around my waist and the other is stroking my hair.

"It's okay baby, I'm here." She kisses the top of the forehead.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong." She asks gently.

I sigh, "I want to find her. I can't let him kill another child. We're running out of time and I can't keep my mind focused."

JJ pulls away slightly so she can look at me. "Can I try something? It may help you focus."

I nod and she lets go of me. She takes my hands in hers and looks into my eyes.

"I want you to brainstorm the case with me, but to keep you focused you need to look at me. Anytime you start to get scared or angry or upset remember that it's just us and I'm right here. I'm going to hold your hands the whole time."'

"Jay I don't know..."

She cuts me off. "You can do this."

I sigh then begin stating everything we know.

"Six female victims aged 7-10. Abducted from their homes at night. He's holding them for less and less time because he is evolving. A white male 30-40 years old drives a black van with stolen tags. He's a sexual sadist due to the amount of assault he inflicts."

I pause for a second, my breathing picks up. JJ squeezes my hands bringing me back.

"What about the abduction, how is he getting in?" JJ asks while I focus my attention back to her blue eyes.

"We uh we checked for signs of a break in, there weren't any. But their front doors were unlocked, parents claimed they locked them before bed."

"But the front doors didn't show any sign of tampering or lock picking."

"I suppose the parents could have forgotten to lock the front door but that would be a huge coincidence that 6 families forgot to lock them."

"So what are we missing?"

An idea comes to my head. "What if the girls let the unsub in? They must've trusted him."

"I don't know Y/N/N, it is a bit of a stretch."

"But it would explain why there wasn't a sign of a struggle anywhere in the house. The kids could have planned to go with the unsub without realizing they were in danger. They know him."

"That's true. I think it is a theory we should look into."

"Let's go ask Garcia about overlap." I start to make my way to the door, but JJ grabs my waist and spins me around.

She smiles at me. "That's my girl." Then plants a soft kiss on my lips.

Her girl, did... did she just call me HER GIRL?!?

"Better hide that blush before we go back out there" She says while a small smirk appears on her face.

We leave the bathroom to go find Garcia. Please don't let this be a dead end.

........

A/N: I'll try to update as much as I can. I go back to school soon and I don't know how much time I'll have. Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!