{𝕋𝕖𝕟}𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕥

Start from the beginning

Flory, Jere and Belly peeked into the kitchen to see their high mom's chatting loudly, snacking on just about everything in the kitchen, even eating the oddest food comos like frozen Peas and grape jam.

"Ahh! Our beautiful babies!" Laurel squealed at the sight of the Fisher twins and her own daughter.

"Aww! Ohhh, look at them! They're so cute!" Susannah exclaimed, the three teens shook their heads, stepping out into the kitchen to their stoned and excited mothers. "Oh! You two, come with me, I wanna get you while the light is still good." Susannah grinned, pointing to where her painting supplies stood.

"Alright, momma." Flory chuckled as her mom waltzed over cupping both the twin's faces in her hands lovingly.

"Let's do that." Jere laughed. The twins chuckled, shuffling out the door.

—-///—-

Susannah sighed with delight as her brush stroked the canvas leaving streaks of color, she giggled with glee seeing the twins standing in the light for the painting looking beautiful.

"Oh, look at you two!" Susannah grinned lovingly. "My boy." She smiled at Jeremiah. "My girl." She squealed, smiling at her only daughter. "This light is beautiful, can you feel it? Can you feel the softness? I can feel it." Susannah sighed, whimsically. Jeremiah and Flora chuckled at their high but still loving mother. "Oh my goodness, I just wanna dance with you two." Susannah smiled, tossing her brush and standing up, swaying to the light music Flora had played on her speaker.

The two teens chuckling, Jeremiah tossing aside the wooden pole he'd posed with, the two teens cuddling into theirmom's embrace as they swayed along. The three sat down by the pool, both twins on either side of their mom, whose arms were wrapped lovingly around her kids.

"How has your summer been, my loves? You happy?" Susannah smiled at her teens.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty happy right now." Flory said. She wasn't lying either, even though the summer had brought struggles for the Fisher girl, she felt happy and at peace in her mother's embrace.

"Yeah." Jere smiled. "This summer feels a little different, though." He said, Flora nodding.

"Summer's the same, it's us who are changing." Susannah said. Flora had always known her mom had a way of saying things, Susannah was able to make any sentence sound like poetry, make anyone believe her, make her words sound like comfort, like home. Susannah embraced her teens, hugging them tightly. "Except for this, this will never ever change!" She said lovingly, embracing the two twins with all her love. "I don't want you two to ever change!" she said, kissing them both on the tops of their heads.

"Flory! Please save me, my mom wants to braid my hair!" Belly shouted, sticking her head out the door. They all chuckled, sighing happily. Jere jumped up, running up on the porch inside.

"I kinda wanna see this play out." He admitted, running inside, making his sister and mom chuckle. Flora stayed in her mom's embrace, both of them soaking up the sunlight and love.

"You're such a good friend to Belly, Flory. Like a sister." Susannah smiled. Flora nodded, smiling but her smile dimmed a bit at the sister comment, Susannah immediately noticing. "Or something else? Maybe more?" Susannah asked, Flory froze a little, but realized her mom wasn't mad, in fact she had a smile on her face.

"I don't- What do you mean?" But all Susannah did was smile lovingly and knowingly back at her.

"Flory honey, I will love you no matter what. No matter who you love." Susnnah spoke, touching her daughter's face. "Unless of course, they're a drug dealer! Or a murderer!" She said. "Sweetie, if she's a drug dealer murderer, then I gotta hit the brakes there." She chuckled at Flory who smiled, feeling incredibly sentimental and insanely relieved.

"You know, you don't have to take your dear ole momma's advice but...." Susannah said. "Belly's not a drug dealer or a murderer." Susannah whispered into her daughter's ear.

"Mom!" Flory shrieked, laughing all over again.

"I'm just pointing it out!" Susannah laughed.

"Oh my goodness, mother." Flory laughed. "Okay, let's see this painting." She said, walking over to the canvas, her eyes widened and she let out a breath of air, holding back a bit of laughter. "Whoa." She whistled.

"What do you think? I think it might be my best work." Susannah sighed happily.

"Belly! Jere!" Flora yelled, calling her friends out to the back. Belly came running, Jere and Laurel right behind her. They all joined the Fisher girl at the canvas, gazing at the colorful blobs of a painting.

"Why does my arm look like that?" Jere whispered.

"Cuz it's my leg." Flory responded, making Jere snort.

"Oh! Ah, it's uhm..." Belly began.

"Mhm." Jere nodded along.

"Yeah, it's- it's uh something, mom!" Flory smiled.

"Picasso and Jackson Pollock had a baby." Laurel stated, her words crackling at the end due to held back laughter.

"What?" Susannah scoffed, standing up and walking over to the canvas. "Oh. My. God. It's terrible!" Susannah burst into her joyous laughter, triggering everyone else to burst into a fit of laughter as well.

"See this is why old people should not do drugs." Jeremiah laughed.

"How dare you!" Susannah and Laurel gasped through their laughs.

"Such blatant ageism." Laurel chuckled.

"Let's leave these brats!" Susannah joked, standing up, throwing her apron aside. "And go, walk on the beach!" She said, grabbing Laurel's arm and the two women walked off.

"Have fun mom!" Jere waved, still chuckling.

"Byee!" Belly and Flora chorused.

"Goodbye lovely brats!"

𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕘: 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕕 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕘𝕠-𝔻𝕣 𝕕𝕠𝕘